Kohler XT7 Engine Runs gas through it, of course won't start

possum

Threads
  • / Kohler XT7 Engine Runs gas through it, of course won't start
This is an old thread. You will get better response from a fresh one. On the Repair or the Toro forum. It is hard to get carbs worked on now days under warranty. Seems most of the time the owner neglect to keep fuel fresh enough is to blame. The Chinese engines were bad to corrode the needles due to poor coatings the last couple of years. The Toro snowblowers had trouble with it as well. It is supposed to be fixed. Kohler was supposed to warranty the problem. However I have seen many Husqvarna lawn mowers the last two years setting at the curb or going to the scrap pile with those Kohler engines on them. Most of them had no carb on them. My dealer scrapped about a half dozen of them . His excuse was he could not get parts for them, and new carbs cost to much.

Mike54

Forum Newbie
Threads
Better get furious, It's a Cohler

Mike54

Forum Newbie
Threads
I realize this is a old post but I wanted to add the chinese engines aren't that bad once you understand them. The problem with float valves and bowls is common to all engines and is caused by alcohol in the fuel. The carbs for these engines are typically less than 40.00. The biggest change in working on these engines is they tend to be more modular, for example replacement carbs instead of rebuilding same thing with recoils. So far in my shop, the chinese
engines have been holding up pretty well.This year 80% of the snow equipment will be powered by chinese .
I really hate to see it but customers want to buy snow throwers for the same price they did 20 years ago.