How much do you know.

hikerpat

Threads
That's it.

You cut a yard full of weeds then drop the seeds off at the next yard.

I blow my mowers off after every yard

When the pigs, on my East side, moved in, the only weed I had in my front yard was large crab grass, which I dutifully dug out every summer. Did I mention that he has commercial lawn equipment? He would park in front of my house and, when he was finished mowing, he would blow all the detritus into my yard (intentionally). There is not much grass left in my front yard - mostly weeds. No surprise there.

hikerpat

Threads
Mulching is what you do to leave the clippings.

Mulching is one of the steps to leaving the clippings.

But there is a name for leaving the clippings.

Over-seeding (weed seeds, that is). That's what happened a few years back, when the hairy crab grass came up one summer. Two neighboring yards had their yards professionally killed then replanted with good seed.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

LoCo86

Threads
duh 2nd because you are 3rd and you are passing the one in second place so now you are in second place.

Unless you are in last place and your passing the person in second whom has already lapped you.

harleyron74

Threads
Let's test your knowledge.

A lady called me. Said she started using a lawn company a few months ago now her yard is full of weeds.

I told her two reasons why. First was they do not know what they are doing.

What was the second?

Everyone that does lawn care should know this.
Picked her yard up for $15 more per week then she was paying the bad company.

Not in the business but if it wasn't for the weeds my lawn would be dessert!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not in the business but if it wasn't for the weeds my lawn would be dessert!

That is too funny. I spray my own lawn for weeds in the spring and late fall. Purchased my home a little too late to spray everything, but I got rid of the ladino clover in my lawn. Next year I will take care of the nut grass, and crab grass. My property is surrounded by a farm and a deep ditch full of weeds. I will fight weeds every year.