How much do you know.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Let's test your knowledge.

A lady called me. Said she started using a lawn company a few months ago now her yard is full of weeds.

I told her two reasons why. First was they do not know what they are doing.

What was the second?

Everyone that does lawn care should know this.
Picked her yard up for $15 more per week then she was paying the bad company.

Transfer of weeds by mower is difficult to stop. I blow off the mowers and equipment between or after every yard also but there's no guarantee that everything is gone or off. How many people take the time to clean the under side of the deck and even if you do you're not going to get everything. Transferring weeds by mower can happen to everyone and anyone who mows regardless of how good the company.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I knew the answer as soon as I read Lawn Service but I'm a humble person and didn't want to look like a smart ***.:laughing: Next question.:smile:

We were required to clean combines, during wheat harvest, before transporting from state to sate more than 60 years ago.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I knew the answer as soon as I read Lawn Service but I'm a humble person and didn't want to look like a smart ***.:laughing: Next question.:smile: We were required to clean combines, during wheat harvest, before transporting from state to sate more than 60 years ago.

Being a smart azz is something to be proud of.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I blow off my equipment after every yard. However I don't clean my shoes, legs, pants. I don't ask the mailman to clean his shoes. Can't ask the neighbors to stop walking through. Can't control the neighbor with the weed factory across the street. Can't control the seeds already in the lawn from years ago... We try but you cannot blame the lawn guys

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Transfer of weeds by mower is difficult to stop. I blow off the mowers and equipment between or after every yard also but there's no guarantee that everything is gone or off. How many people take the time to clean the under side of the deck and even if you do you're not going to get everything. Transferring weeds by mower can happen to everyone and anyone who mows regardless of how good the company.

I agree.

But by not blowing off the equipment is just being lazy and sloppy. Not just because of seeds.

A clean mower is a happy mower

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I blow off my equipment after every yard. However I don't clean my shoes, legs, pants. I don't ask the mailman to clean his shoes. Can't ask the neighbors to stop walking through. Can't control the neighbor with the weed factory across the street. Can't control the seeds already in the lawn from years ago... We try but you cannot blame the lawn guys

I blamed the lawn guys.

She has never had a weed problem till she started using them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

I agree, Transfer of weeds can happen in number of ways. Changing lawn company's isn't the answer to the lady's problem, if she has a weed problem call True Green or Scotts and have them spray for weeds and set up a program with them to keep them under control.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you mow the yard and leave the clippings you are doing what?