Honda GCV160 problem

jbro12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I got a three year old troy bilt frame with the Honda GCV160 motor . About a month ago was cutting and ran over a small metal stake sticking up.
The blade was badly bent and blade adapter was broken, both were replaced. After both being replaced the mower makes a clicking or knocking sound upon start up and when power is cut off to motor.

Today I ran over this puny rotten stick . After that this clicking or knocking , sound is constant now when pushing through the grass but when the mower sits still the sound goes away . I had to finish cutting a small spot and noticed the mower still cuts fine like it should. The noise sounds like its coming from the bottom of the motor. ,

I take good care of the motor, oil change once a month, clean carb, replace gaskets once a year .During the late spring and all summer I cut at least sixteen hours a month with it.

Anybody know what could be wrong ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Could it be possible that when you ran over the stake, it broke something on the deck, like a baffle or something, and when you push the mower the frame flexes allowing the blade to make light contact with the frame pieces. I would look under the deck and see if I could find any shiny spots where it looks like the blade has been hitting. The other thing I can think off is when you move the mower the handle moves enough to cause the starter pawls to come out slightly hitting the starter cup. Briggs is awful bad for that.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like your crank shaft could be bent. :( rip

Rokon

Threads
Rocks, sticks, stumps, and stakes must be really mad at mowers this season. :confused2: