Who uses GTs and who uses Zero turns

mrstan

Threads
I use a John Deere 115 lawnmower that's not a zero turn mower. I can't afford a zero turn mower because they're way too expensive for me. I got this John Deere for $100 and have been going through refurbishing it as I have time. I think I would like to have a zero turn mower, but it's just not possible for me. That's probably the case with most people that have the garden tractors. Mines a 42 inch cut, which seems to work fine for my size yard which is roughly half an acre. If I find a very inexpensive zero Turn mower I might up grade my machine.

BadBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, BadBoy ZTR. Other brands of ZT's that are as good, or better. :cool:

IMG_0090.jpg
BadBoy Elite 54" Kawasaki

jondak4x4

Forum Newbie
Threads
A GT - and the same one for the last 26 years. Tryin' to get my moneys worth out of it.

helomech

Threads
Looked into zero turns, but there is no way they would work on my place. Even to rough in spots for garden tractor, so i went with a front mower, jacobsen turfcat. It is 4wd, and I almost got it stuck yesterday.

swiffer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use GT mowers. I love zero turns and it would be quicker to cut the few acres I do have with one, but I do a lot more with a lawnmower than just cut the grass. I like to haul things, I had a garden, and I like riding my kids on the mower!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm still using my grandpa's hand-me-down scissors, BUT, I did buy knee-pads ..( LOL ) ..:laughing:..:laughing:

over40mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mowed with a tractor for about 14 years. My property is mostly flat, but quite a few obstacles. I've wanted a ZT for a few years and finally bought a Hustler. Mowing is no longer a mundane chore. I went from an hour to about 35 minutes.
Same here. Many years with Ole Red. Old Wheelhouse 414-8. Great garden tractor.
With the Hustler, it cuts clippings up much better, is faster, and doesn't beat you up as much.
My mowing also went from 1 hour to 35 minutes, and was able to cut closer to things.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow commercially and use a hydro walk behind and a ZTR. A garden tractor isn't really a viable option for me. I do have a compact utility tractor but no finish cut mower for it.

sutliffe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Zero all the way!

ZT hands down for me. I once owned a GT for 2 days!

yorozuya

Forum Newbie
Threads
Neither :smile: I'm using a simple walk-behind mower. I'd love to own a walk behind mower, but with a lawn as small as mine I could hardly justify spending that much money. :laughing: