Who uses GTs and who uses Zero turns

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
There was a time when lots of people used those riders. Today they look so funny. Look at were they put the engine. Very yestertech....

I saw an older gentleman mowing with one the other day. It was a Snapper.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Garden tractors (2) for 16 years, just got a 2014 Toro Zero 4260, with end of year price cuts, I saved $400. off list price..

Mowing is fun again..

As to the 'clown mower', guy still has one across the hollow & it is a Snapper also... He holds the wheel with 2 hands, like he is flying. (kind'a reminds me of Forrest Gump)...

X-man

Threads
I've always used a garden tractor. Never had a reason, and still don't have one, to upgrade to ZTR.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Ztr's but I mow commercially, and a gt just wouldn't make any $ for me. my neighbor has a new cub cadet gt though. I can mow 3 acres string trim everything and blow everything off before he's done mowing 1 acre. I should let him know cutting grass is a race.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ztr's but I mow commercially, and a gt just wouldn't make any $ for me. my neighbor has a new cub cadet gt though. I can mow 3 acres string trim everything and blow everything off before he's done mowing 1 acre.

I should let him know cutting grass is a race.

:laughing: I think you are right... My neighbor mows commercially, & he is like Lightning on his Z-Master..

Av8r

Threads
Ztr's but I mow commercially, and a gt just wouldn't make any $ for me. my neighbor has a new cub cadet gt though. I can mow 3 acres string trim everything and blow everything off before he's done mowing 1 acre. I should let him know cutting grass is a race.

Used to be that tractors were more versatile and for a lot of things they still are. When I upgraded to a ztr, I was not using my JD tractor for anything other than mowing grass, pulling a wood splitter, fertilizer hopper and occasionally a small garden trailer....well, my new Ferris does all of those better and faster than my old unit. You cannot put a snowblower on my Ferris, but I like the walk behinds better anyway

javjacob

Threads
garden tractor for me (not lawn tractor) because I use it to mow and push snow. My garden tractor has power steering and hydraulic lift. Only zero turns I would even consider are the quality commercial grade machines with lugged wheels, none of that cheap box store garbage. I also like how I have one hand free when mowing on my GT and I can relax. On a zero turn both hands are busy and you have to lean forward and cant relax and all they can do is mow. You also have to spend $10,000 to get a good zero turn mower that can only do 1 thing. $6,000 will get you a good garden tractor that you can do about anything with.

Life is a race to so many people though.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have two ZTRs, a Scag Tiger Cub with a collection system, and dethatcher and a Hustler X-ONE 60" rear discharge. For what a ZTRs do, which is mowing grass, they do it well, but, that is about all they can do!!!
My GT does logging, hauling, tilling, disc harrowing, grading, snow blowing, plowing, moving trailers, towing dead vehicles, mowing, mowing with collection, dethatching although slower than a ZTR. My 1989 Ingersoll 4018 GT is on it's 3rd engine with about 3,000 hours total on the machine. I use it as a backup for my ZTRs which has happened a few times much to my dismay!!! Moving a non functional ZTR is not fun!!!
I will never be without a GT and a ZTR.