Shindaiwa T270 carb

Mike88se

Threads
I got what I think is a T270 as a throw in on some equipment I bought a while back. I decided to get it running for a backup trimmer. I cleaned the carb and put a new primer bulb on that fit okay. Couldn't get it to run though. I bought the proper primer bulb (pricey little thing) and found a carb gasket/diaphram kit on ebay for half the shop price... 50 bucks at the online parts stores :O
I had 3 parts left over... 2 half moon shaped gaskets and a grey plastic gasket but there were no gaskets like them in the carb so I figured it was a generic kit and those gaskets were for a different carb. Anyway I got it back together and pulled the cord and it fired right up. It won't go above half throttle though. I found a diagram of a T270 carb and apparently those gaskets are necessary ;) But so is a little part that should have been inside the carb that wasn't there. Part 4 in the diagram. A metal plate in a half moon shape apparently. I don't have much luck w/ Shindaiwa carbs.
I'm going to need a speed feed head too. This one didn't have a head at all.
I had one of those heads with metal blades for brushcutting that fits but I need a string trimmer not a brushcutter.
I have about $50 into this "free" trimmer but it seems like a really good machine. T270-epa.gif

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I got what I think is a T270 as a throw in on some equipment I bought a while back. I decided to get it running for a backup trimmer. I cleaned the carb and put a new primer bulb on that fit okay. Couldn't get it to run though. I bought the proper primer bulb (pricey little thing) and found a carb gasket/diaphram kit on ebay for half the shop price... 50 bucks at the online parts stores :O
I had 3 parts left over... 2 half moon shaped gaskets and a grey plastic gasket but there were no gaskets like them in the carb so I figured it was a generic kit and those gaskets were for a different carb. Anyway I got it back together and pulled the cord and it fired right up. It won't go above half throttle though. I found a diagram of a T270 carb and apparently those gaskets are necessary ;) But so is a little part that should have been inside the carb that wasn't there. Part 4 in the diagram. A metal plate in a half moon shape apparently. I don't have much luck w/ Shindaiwa carbs.
I'm going to need a speed feed head too. This one didn't have a head at all.
I had one of those heads with metal blades for brushcutting that fits but I need a string trimmer not a brushcutter.
I have about $50 into this "free" trimmer but it seems like a really good machine. View attachment 22494

I love my Shindaiwa trimmer. It is great for taking down johnson grass and those purple weeds that grow into trees.