Added some LED lights to my Raptor SD

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
That is cool if you have to run to the convenience store at night.

bricehome1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very nice. But do you ever cut grass with that one?? Man, that is one clean mower. I got mine this spring and the guys said, don't wash it much beasue the only problems they have seen are the ones that get hosed off. I use a blower and blow it off, but getting dirty quick. Guess I might have to start washing her...

Nice job again..
Ken

JDubya88

Threads
Very nice. But do you ever cut grass with that one?? Man, that is one clean mower. I got mine this spring and the guys said, don't wash it much beasue the only problems they have seen are the ones that get hosed off. I use a blower and blow it off, but getting dirty quick. Guess I might have to start washing her...

Nice job again..
Ken

Thanks. HAHA! I actually put those on after only 1 cut. I only have 2 cuts and 2.9hrs on the mower right now. I haven't washed it. I just use the blower to blow it all off while I'm doing the sidewalks. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use the hose on this one when it starts getting dirty. I may just use a rag with some detailer or something when that time comes.

cell6ida

Threads
I just installed these on my 42" Raptor. Man is this a nice and BRIGHT set of LEDs. Thanks for the write up. The installation was very straight forward and simple enough that even I could accomplish it !!!!!!!!!

JDubya88

Threads
I'm glad to see it helped someone out. I mowed the other day and finished after the sun went down (time change) and had to use my lights to finish up and they are still working great.

cell6ida

Threads
The installation of these lights worked out so well that I added a few more. At night time, this thing is as bright as the sun now. I have 4 lights in the front, 1 light on each side, and 2 lights at the rear. I am an amateur and I wish I could have hidden the wires a little better, but oh well. With as many lights as are on my Raptor now, some wires were bound to be visible. The only negative about installing these lights was that the wires from the lights were so thin that I had a difficult time connecting them with wire nuts. Other than that it's great. Here are a few pics.

On this one you can see the mulch kit that I installed. I also painted the chute cover yellow.

An hour meter I added

JDubya88

Threads
Looks great man! You went way beyond what I did. I bet people are gonna think you are a UFO making crop circles if you are ever out mowing at night. HAHA! I agree that the wires coming out of the lights are very thin. I actually had to strip back a bunch of the coating and fold the wire over 3 times to clamp a quick disconnect onto them. I also used some clear silicone where the wires come out of the light housing because the wire was so thin I didn't want it to rub through and short out. Did you drill holes through the engine guard to run the wires for the rear lights? How is the light spread with them mounted vertically? I hadn't thought about mounting them vertically, but it looks good on the rear. I really like how these lights look with the black frame and yellow light strip when they aren't lit up. It really looks like a factory add-on.

Post up some pics of how it looks lit up at night and how much light it is actually throwing out.:thumbsup:

ztrjim

Threads
Oh that light kit for your Hustler Raptor SD looks real nice!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!! :cool:

cell6ida

Threads
Looks great man! You went way beyond what I did. I bet people are gonna think you are a UFO making crop circles if you are ever out mowing at night. HAHA! I agree that the wires coming out of the lights are very thin. I actually had to strip back a bunch of the coating and fold the wire over 3 times to clamp a quick disconnect onto them. I also used some clear silicone where the wires come out of the light housing because the wire was so thin I didn't want it to rub through and short out. Did you drill holes through the engine guard to run the wires for the rear lights? How is the light spread with them mounted vertically? I hadn't thought about mounting them vertically, but it looks good on the rear. I really like how these lights look with the black frame and yellow light strip when they aren't lit up. It really looks like a factory add-on.

Post up some pics of how it looks lit up at night and how much light it is actually throwing out.:thumbsup:

The engine guard already had the holes there. One set of holes at the top and another set at the bottom of the engine guard. The light spread is good at the rear, but the spread might have been a little better if I would have mounted them horizontally. That can easily be changed with a two new strips of double sided tape if I get the urge. I ended up putting the rear ones vertical just to try them out. Since the engine guard is angled back, I could have put them horizontally on the outer wings of the engine guard, but I wanted the lights to shine straight back instead of angling back.

Also if I would have put them horizontally on the part of the engine guard that faces straight back, I think they would have been too close together so I just tried them out vertically and they look really nice that way. I'll have to try and take some pictures looking outward from the seat tomorrow night, and hopefully the amount of light that shows up on the pictures will be an accurate view of how bright everything is. I left the lights on, stepped about 20 yards in front of the mower and looked back towards the 4 lights on the front and I was literally blinded!

cell6ida

Threads
The first picture is the forward view from the seat, and the 2nd one is the side view from the seat. The third picture is looking back at the mower from the front right, and the 4th picture is of it in the shed. The shed has no lights and all the light you see is coming from the mower LED lights.

:drink: