Please help me decide.

Steve18643

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Forum. I am researching which ride on mower I am going to buy. I have it down to four mowers: the Toro Grandstand, the Toro Titan MX5480, 54", Toro Z Master 2000 and the Titial Z Master 6000. I am mowing 3 acres with a three rail fence that surrounds the entire property. New looks good particularly because of the 0% interest Toro is offering. I would go for a used one if the piece was in good shape. Please let me know if anyone has done a comparison of the units I mentioned. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Which unit do you like best.

PS: Since I am looking for a good unit should I be considering a diesel engine? Please let me know.

Thanks Very Much

Steve 18643

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Forum. I am researching which ride on mower I am going to buy. I have it down to four mowers: the Toro Grandstand, the Toro Titan MX5480, 54", Toro Z Master 2000 and the Titial Z Master 6000. I am mowing 3 acres with a three rail fence that surrounds the entire property. New looks good particularly because of the 0% interest Toro is offering. I would go for a used one if the piece was in good shape. Please let me know if anyone has done a comparison of the units I mentioned. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Which unit do you like best.

PS: Since I am looking for a good unit should I be considering a diesel engine? Please let me know.

Thanks Very Much

Steve 18643

Why would you want to spend 9000 plus on a mower for 3 acres? The toro Titan or z master 2000 would be plenty of mower for that job. The z master is a commercial mower if you want something heavy duty that will last for years. The grandstand would be fine too, but I would only prefer it if I had a steep slope to mow. The z master 6000 is way over kill. If you have the money and want a mower capable of mowing ten acres in under three hours then go for the z master 6000, but I don't see the need to spend that kind of money.

Steve18643

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. The Toro Grandstand is my preference. You are right the 6000 is way to much mower for my needs. I'm starting to look for a used Grandstand in the Easton area. If I cannot find a good used piece then I will pick a new one up at the Toro dealer.

Thanks for your help,

Steve 18643

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the reply. The Toro Grandstand is my preference. You are right the 6000 is way to much mower for my needs. I'm starting to look for a used Grandstand in the Easton area. If I cannot find a good used piece then I will pick a new one up at the Toro dealer.

Thanks for your help,

Steve 18643

Any time. I would recommend trying all three of the others and going with the one you like best.

diamatron

Threads
I recently bought a Snapper zero turn. One of the reasons was the high reviews of the Ferris ICD mowing deck. And it really does lay down a great looking cut!

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recently bought a Snapper zero turn. One of the reasons was the high reviews of the Ferris ICD mowing deck. And it really does lay down a great looking cut!

I completely agree. I love the cut my snapper pro leaves.

diamatron

Threads
Funny this is I mowed last thursday fir the first time. And I didnt notice any striping. But now looking out at the yard their js some slight striping lines oit there. I assune because my grass was so high that the heavy discharge covered my yard too much to see the it last week.

Unless it rains I will be mowing tonight to see how it does.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Funny this is I mowed last thursday fir the first time. And I didnt notice any striping. But now looking out at the yard their js some slight striping lines oit there. I assune because my grass was so high that the heavy discharge covered my yard too much to see the it last week.

Unless it rains I will be mowing tonight to see how it does.

That can happen, when grass gets tall and is cut down to the desired height you will have more stem than blade and it will not look as green. After a couple of scheduled mowings the grass should start to green back up and then is when you should start noticing stripes. At least that's how it is in my area

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Thanks for your help,

Steve 18643

The Grandstand is a good mower. I use the 36" for the business, great for gates and slopes up to 20 degrees and a lot more productive than a ZTR. Which or what size are you looking at buying?

LakeRat1

Threads
Hi Steve >< I bought a Toro Z Master 3000 ( Which is Just about the same as a 2000) with 52 in Deck last June, I now have 120 hours on it, I cut 4 ac. with it and have had no trouble at all, I went with the 52 in. Deck because of some of the tight place I need to get in to, this mower replaces 2 JD Riding mowers, I had a JD LT 445 with a 60 in. cut and a JD LT 160 with a 46 in. cut, I had to have the smaller mower to get to places the Larger mower could not get to, this mower is able to take care of all my mowing needs

Rat