Husqvarna wheel keeps falling off

mshaw8099

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a husqvarna LGT2554 that am having problems with one of the front wheels, right, keeps popping the "C" clip off which then makes the wheel to fall off. I have bought 5 new "c" clips and they do the same. The washers are there and i believe in correct placement. Thought the new clips were wrong and even got one that had to hammer it on to make sure it was tight but still popped off.

Please Help!

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a husqvarna LGT2554 that am having problems with one of the front wheels, right, keeps popping the "C" clip off which then makes the wheel to fall off. I have bought 5 new "c" clips and they do the same. The washers are there and i believe in correct placement. Thought the new clips were wrong and even got one that had to hammer it on to make sure it was tight but still popped off.

Please Help!
Compare the C clip groove depth to the other front spindle. Possibly BUBBA'S machine wasn't at its best the day he machined that groove.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a problem I have ran across in my shop. It was a different brand tractor but same problem. What I found was the grove in the axle was worn out. There are different choices here. First is replace the axle. If you don't want to replace the axle, what I did was drilled a small hole in the axle where the grove is and installed a cotter key pin. The customer has been using this for two years now and its been working just fine.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Husqvarna & Dixon forum.

jross

Threads
nSome cotters keys are soft and will break if the wheel bearings allow the wheel hub to tilt too much. I drilled out the axle holes and used lynchpins which are very hard. This happens when one uses the replacement wheel assemblies made by Arnold, which have a sloppy fit..

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Add a washer between the wheel and the clip.

SteveDahl

Forum Newbie
Threads

Please Help!

I drilled an 1/8" hole through the axle and used a cotter pin to hold the wheel on! It worls great but now my right front axle is bending. ugh:mad: