Repaired the neighbor's Honda... again ;)

Mike88se

Threads
Sounds like a dig at Honda but its not. The mower is 6 years old and he uses it on side jobs. The transmission blew and he asked me to fix it. He has somehow got the impression that I work miracles :laughing:
I explained it probably couldn't be fixed and if it could be then it wouldn't be worth it. He's got more than his moneys worth out of it. In short, its on its last legs. I told him that too.
Anyway I remembered I had that Honda hydro tranny taking up space and told him I'd see if it would work for his mower. It did but I had to improvise a bit and replace some parts he lost.
I cut down a ballpoint pin spring to replace the small spring that makes the keys on the rear wheels move in and out. I had to use a smaller circlip in place of one he had on the drive shaft(?) that was broken. I'll find the correct size at autozone and fix that altho the smaller one went on and seems fine. If the clip pops off, the wheel on that side is gonna just dangle there.

One thing that always happens when I have to remove the rear wheels on a Honda: I always manage to get those gears on backwards on one side or the other. Is there a foolproof easy to remember way to always get them on right first time?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always manage to get those gears on backwards on one side or the other. Is there a foolproof easy to remember way to always get them on right first time?

Yes:

piniongearorientation_zps76e618aa.jpg

Mike88se

Threads
Thanks... that is going to help :thumbsup: