Gas to oil ratio

RCCola45

Threads
Ok, got a question for all you people in the lawn service industry, dealers, or mechanics. I have Poulan weed eater and chainsaw that both say to use 40-1 mix and I just got a new Echo 250 power blower and it says to use 50-1 mix on the gas and oil.

I don't really want to have two gas cans sitting around ... what would be the better mix for all of them so that I could just use one can?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out here. Timm

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok, got a question for all you people in the lawn service industry, dealers, or mechanics. I have Poulan weed eater and chainsaw that both say to use 40-1 mix and I just got a new Echo 250 power blower and it says to use 50-1 mix on the gas and oil. I don't really want to have two gas cans sitting around ... what would be the better mix for all of them so that I could just use one can? Thanks for taking the time to help me out here. Timm

Really depends on if you use good oil or not.

I run everything at 50:1 even it it calls for 40:1.

You can just split it and run 45:1
The echo will have just a tad bit more oil then needed and the poulan will have a tad bit less. And you would be fine.

Wildcat

Threads

The echo will have just a tad bit more oil then needed and the poulan will have a tad bit less. And you would be fine.

Correct!!

I also never thought of a 45:1 mix. I might have to sit down and do the math on that one.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Personally, I would lean towards the advice to use 50:1 in both. If using 50:1, too much oil for the 40:1 Poulan would not hurt it but if using 45:1 too little of oil in the 50:1 Echo has a slight risk:0(
But again, for that equipment(unless used Commercially and have heavy use) I would simply get two 2-Gallon containers, mix them appropriately(50:1 in one and 40:1 in the other) and label them for the equipment that uses them:0)

RCCola45

Threads

I have been using Poulan, 3.2 OZ, 2-Cycle, Synthetic Engine Oil, 40:1 Mix Ratio ... I think I will use what ever I have left in the can of the 40-1 and then switch to the Echo brand 50-1 that come with blower. Thank you for posting, Timm

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I used to have five different gas cans, from 24:1 to straight gas. Three years ago I downsized to two. One mixed and onei straight gas. In the mixed can I use a product call Opti-2, which I can run in any of the 2-cycle units I work on. Makes it a lot easier and cheaper.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Personally, I would lean towards the advice to use 50:1 in both. If using 50:1, too much oil for the 40:1 Poulan would not hurt it but if using 45:1 too little of oil in the 50:1 Echo has a slight risk:0( But again, for that equipment(unless used Commercially and have heavy use) I would simply get two 2-Gallon containers, mix them appropriately(50:1 in one and 40:1 in the other) and label them for the equipment that uses them:0)

Buddy you are backwards.

40:1 is more oil then 50:1

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buddy you are backwards.

40:1 is more oil then 50:1

Hey, thanks for catching that...I musta had an episode of dyslexia:0)
So let me re-phrase that......

Personally, I would lean towards the using 40:1 in both. If using 40:1, too much oil for the 50:1 Echo would not hurt it but if using 45:1 or 50:1 too little of oil in the 40:1 Poulan has a slight risk:0(
Or am I still not looking at this correctly assuming a little extra oil is better than not enough?????

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey, thanks for catching that...I musta had an episode of dyslexia:0) So let me re-phrase that...... Personally, I would lean towards the using 40:1 in both. If using 40:1, too much oil for the 50:1 Echo would not hurt it but if using 45:1 or 50:1 too little of oil in the 40:1 Poulan has a slight risk:0( Or am I still not looking at this correctly assuming a little extra oil is better than not enough?????

I know you was joking but I really have dyslexia.

Some say to much oil in the mix is just as bad as to little.
My wife does the mix by that looks about right. Sometimes her trimmer smokes when she starts it but runs just fine.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know you was joking but I really have dyslexia.

Some say to much oil in the mix is just as bad as to little.
My wife does the mix by that looks about right. Sometimes her trimmer smokes when she starts it but runs just fine.

Bad joke...I apologize:0(