Lawn Mower died on me????

hoopstar

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got the mower up and running yesterday and I just started with the blades. I was going down a hill, that i have done the past few years. It sounded like I ran something over but I didnt see anything and then my mower died. It won't start but it goes chug chug chug then sounds like the engine scrapss... New spark plug, oil filer, air filter... Any advice, I tried to look at the blades nothing seems to be holding the blades back.. Thanks for your time.

mystreba

Threads
I got the mower up and running yesterday and I just started with the blades. I was going down a hill, that i have done the past few years. It sounded like I ran something over but I didnt see anything and then my mower died. It won't start but it goes chug chug chug then sounds like the engine scrapss... New spark plug, oil filer, air filter... Any advice, I tried to look at the blades nothing seems to be holding the blades back.. Thanks for your time.

It will help to post more information about your mower - model, year, engine. Also, you may want to post this under general mower discussion - it may get more views there.

Good luck

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

isacguy

Threads
Its possible the flywheel key could have sheared if you hit something hard, which would explain why it runs crappy, the timing is now off. However, you might want to look at the crankshaft on the PTO side to make sure it isn't bent as well.