1964 Huffy mower

Cc3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just bought a new 1964 Huffy mower to semi-restore and for my 8yo son to use. Looking for a good parts source, as one of the rear axle carriers is about to completely give way. He is itching to get on it and go, so any leads would be appreciated so I can get one ordered and get it running and him mowing!
Cheers!

rstalcupdot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the same boat you are. I just got a 1962 Huffy mower, so let me know if you can find a good source for parts. Also, can you take a picture of the brake mechanism and email it to me @ rstalcupdot@email.com

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just bought a new 1964 Huffy mower to semi-restore and for my 8yo son to use. Looking for a good parts source, as one of the rear axle carriers is about to completely give way. He is itching to get on it and go, so any leads would be appreciated so I can get one ordered and get it running and him mowing!
Cheers!

Its just hard to find parts for them old mowers. They just don't make replacement parts for them anymore. Just check E-bay or look for mower salvage yards. Now something like a axle carrier might just be a universal part or bearings and seals you can find by numbers. You might even have to modify some parts to fit. Finding parts for the older mowers can be a job in its self.

Cc3

Forum Newbie
Threads
For the rear carriers i went to a local IBT - Industrial Solutions Provider for More Efficient Operations | IBT Industrial Solutions - and bought some pillow block bearings. To mount these I found some rectangular steel tubing that fitted tight within the frame rails, I cut those into a U shape, then mounted the new pillow blocks to the channel with the legs going up. This allowed me to drill some holes in the sides and so that i could utilize the all of the existing frame holes. The way I have it set, is the pillow block actually bears on the frame as it is a little wider. The offset/spacing from original is a bit off, so i had to wallow out the holes on the brake mech so it would still work. Otherwise it works great and rolls freely now..

I'l try and snap a pic of the brake mech tonight.

Good luck with the project, he will love it..!

Bolens800UK

Threads
In the UK Huffy parts are virtually unobtainable and as highlighted already, EBay, Graig list, forums are the way to go. My Huffy Broad Lawn is a '63 model with the deck. I have never seen another one over here in the UK unlike the Mowett Mustang where they are around a dozen known in the UK.

I will try to post photos but it is not easy.:confused2:

Dravin'sdad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cheers!
its a common size bearing .... pull it and go to the local parts store (napa is easiest) for a cross referance ... then kindly share the part number and brand to match