Deck gearbox bit the dust

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ad yo put my ZD326 in the shop. Gearbox leaking profusely on the deck. 515 hours on it.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Idler broke backing came off of belt wrapped around bottom of gearbox shaft and caused seal to leak. Mechanic said it did no serious damage. It was still cutting grass. Only noise was when the backing came off the belt I heard that. I smelled 90 wt oil about the same time and shut her down.

While they have the deck out from under it they are going to replace two spindle bearings. One had a little slack he thought. The center one is the one the 90 wt went in.

Because of the idler tearing up the belt warranty is hoping to put a new belt on it too.

Other than being down a few days waiting on parts it looks like she will be good as new and all under warranty..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got it back today. Did not run it yet. It is on the trailer fueled up and ready to go tomorrow.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Got it back today. Did not run it yet. It is on the trailer fueled up and ready to go tomorrow.

It musta knowed that you been looking at them Scags, got jealous and wanted to be the center of your attention:0)
My 1995 Chevy truck did that when I bought my wife a 2001 Lincoln LS(first non-GM vehicle we have ever owned:0)