H.I.D. Headlights on my Cub Cadet

CajunCub

Threads
I bought a new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 a few weeks ago, I am so very pleased with everything about it....But, I thought that it would be "cool":cool:to put some more lights on it. I just recently installed some H.I.D.s on my sons' Ford Lightning, & really liked them. So, why not my lawn mower, there was enough voltage & amps, plenty of space, & I got the technical skills to do it. So, to the ebay site I went...week later I got my kit. Installed it yesterday, "IT'S OFF Da' HOOK"! I was laughing my a$$ off! I gotta get yall some pictures, be on the look out! Photos to come. BTW---my wife says I'm crazy!:confused2:

Last edited:

mystreba

Threads
I bought a new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 a few weeks ago, I am so very pleased with everything about it....But, I thought that it would be "cool":cool:to put some more lights on it. I just recently installed some H.I.D.s on my sons' Ford Lightning, & really liked them. So, why not my lawn mower, there was enough voltage & amps, plenty of space, & I got the technical skills to do it. So, to the ebay site I went...week later I got my kit. Installed it yesterday, "IT'S OFF Da' HOOK"! I was laughing my a$$ off! I gotta get yall some pictures, be on the look out! Photos to come. BTW---my wife says I'm crazy!:confused2:

As a BMW enthusiast and erstwhile collector - I have GOT to see this! Anxiously awaiting pics.

and yes, you are crazy

CajunCub

Threads
Re: H.I.D. Headlights on my Cub Cadet {Pictures NOW HERE}

OK, here you go....10,000k H.I.D.s (Ice Blue) lights on a my new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 riding lawn mower:laughing:
Before....
2157124800046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

After....:eek:
2283314280046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

2523965930046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

:shocked: I'm BLIND!!!!!

mystreba

Threads

OK, here you go....10,000k H.I.D.s (Ice Blue) lights on a my new Cub Cadet LTX 1046 riding lawn mower:laughing:

That's sick! Can you do angel eyes as well? :thumbsup:

Seriously, they look great. I have some questions though.

1 - Is your tractor wired for full-time headlamps?
2 - What is the power impact?
3 - I don't believe that your headlight assemblies are sealed. How are you going to keep moisture from wreaking havoc with the HID elements?

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads

Before....
2157124800046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

After....:eek:
2283314280046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

2523965930046622948S500x500Q85.jpg

The grass is going to see you coming when you mow a night.:laughing:

CajunCub

Threads
Yes, it came wired for full time running lights....But now with the H.I.D. relay wiring kit they are now on a toggle switch. The headlight globs were not sealed, so I RTV clear siliconed them sealed up tight. Also, the heat from these lights run way cooler tempature wise than the stock 1156s, so they won't melt the plastic lenses either. I did my S*** right! That's just how I do things. BTW, I also cured that dang seat safety switch while I was at it!

Sal

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, it came wired for full time running lights....But now with the H.I.D. relay wiring kit they are now on a toggle switch. The headlight globs were not sealed, so I RTV clear siliconed them sealed up tight. Also, the heat from these lights run way cooler tempature wise than the stock 1156s, so they won't melt the plastic lenses either. I did my S*** right! That's just how I do things. BTW, I also cured that dang seat safety switch while I was at it!

Do you think this will work on my john Deere 322? I don't have the skills but have the money to have
it done. Just don't want to burn anything up.

CajunCub

Threads
Yeah, if you get a kit with the start-up relay wiring kit it only takes a few amps to run the relay. The power is drawn from the battery direct. Just look on ebay for a kit that includes all wiring and pick a lamp style close to your bulbs in your mower...Then get ready to use a dremmel tool & silicone. Good Luck!

benski

Threads
Yeah, if you get a kit with the start-up relay wiring kit it only takes a few amps to run the relay. The power is drawn from the battery direct. Just look on ebay for a kit that includes all wiring and pick a lamp style close to your bulbs in your mower...Then get ready to use a dremmel tool & silicone. Good Luck!

That is cool, IMHO.:cool: Unnecessary for my needs, but very cool.:thumbsup:

Chosen

Threads

I just cured the seat safety on my 1046 KW. Easy, clean and reversible. Just popped the switch out from under the seat, put a washer over the button, taped it down with a few layers of Gorilla tape, zip tied it around the seat spring and done!

How did you do yours?