problem with 20 hp Brigs and stratton 33m677

txzrider

Threads
all my engine was running fine although I was sure it has some sort of issue, it seems to spit oil out ... but now it wont start , it was running fine, then I hopped off to shut a gate , now it does not even try to start. I replaced the plug but I think I am not getting a spark. Can someone point me to a troubleshooting manual and or engine wiring diagram. model is 33m677 type 0123 G1 code 090416ZD (the engine is on a country clipper.)

txzrider

Threads
Thanks I will read through it.

txzrider

Threads
one other thing.... it will not try and start with starting fluid either.

gfp55

Threads
one other thing.... it will not try and start with starting fluid either.
Take the plugs out and check for spark. When you replaced the spark plug what did the old plug look like?

txzrider

Threads
I had replaced the plug to start with. Also this morning I decided to try 1 more time before pulling out my volt meter and taking all the covers off... the #$#$ thing started. Seems to cut out a little a medium rpms' but runs fine at the normal full throttle. It normally wont try to start if there is an interlock problem... so that makes me think it is an electrical issue. I guess when it acts up I will have to go through the troubleshooting afterall.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you have some water/crap in your gas, which will hopefully burn through.

txzrider

Threads
Well we will see... I have a heavy duty fuel filter inline. also if it was crap gas, I have to believe spraying starter fluid in it would have at least made it try to start after the plug was replaced.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, a bunch of water will do that.....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
90% of the problems on these forums are fuel related, they usually go off track immediately chasing other gremlins, which makes
for a lot of fun here.....