Restored Lawn Boy 7000

SGRIFF144

Threads
here's the image. the hosta leaf would've been at the end of the handle but it looks like it got rubbed off. the original is the more metallic color and the spruce green is the more bluish color. Let me know if you find anything closer.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20140714_022214.jpg
    20140714_022214.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 28

unclelee

Threads

I just picked this up on ebay.
I am going to scan it to pdf to preserve it in electronic form....when I am done with that...I may be willing to part with it to someone with a mower that it goes to.
Lee

2smoked

Threads
:thumbsup:What joy to see an old Lawn Boy resurrected from the dead. That thing is a work of art.

SGRIFF144

Threads
Nice find on the manual!!!! I found one on eBay and won it in a bidding war. I really wanted it because I thought it was extremely rare to find 50 year old paper that had not fallen apart. The one you found is in better condition though. It's interesting that the manual is so much more user friendly than something you would find today. It simplifies taking the mower apart for a novice mechanic, while something purchased today would require a 5 week training course to repair a mower.

wingless

Threads
Just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my posts over the last several months regarding this mower. I found it in the basement of my grandparents barn. From what I was able to determine, it is a 1956 Lawn Boy 7000. The engine was stuck and it was covered in 40 years of agricultural dirt. It took some effort to remove the piston from the cylinder even after soaking it in diesel and numerous solvents. The bracket on the left front wheel is a modification. I'm assuming the portion of the deck that included the holes for the wheel adjustment snapped off and my grandfather had someone make the bracket to bolt onto the deck. I still need to buy smaller pop rivets so I can reinstall the emblem that goes into the circle at the rear of the deck. I've included some before and after pictures. If anyone is in need of aftermarket decals, there is a gentleman on eBay who has a large selection and can make others if needed. Hope you enjoy, and thanks again.

22065d1404920310-restored-lawn-boy-7000-a-334-jpg
That is a beautiful restoration!

Were the tank to cover screws difficult to remove? Were there any special steps?

What paint colors did you use...they look good. Seem real close to original.

Rustoleum Satin Cinnamon for the red is an exact match for the paint on this model.

Rustoleum Spruce Green is very close, but has a shade too much blue when compared to the original. (this is what I used)

The Rustoleum Verde Green Hammered aerosol also looks very close.

The Rustoleum Spruce Green Satin aerosol that was used looks very good.

The Rustoleum Inspire Satin Cinnamon aerosol looks like a great match.

wingless

Threads
Were the tank to cover screws difficult to remove? Were there any special steps?
It turns out that my tank was difficult to remove because one of the PEM thread receptacles in the tank was spinning.

A long 90° needle nose pliers permitted grabbing the PEM through the tank fill opening and soaking the interior in oil permitted breaking the screw free.

Now I can R/R replace my tank.