lawn boy silver series making weird noise after bagging up pine tree needles

jayare05

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / lawn boy silver series making weird noise after bagging up pine tree needles
As topic states, I began my spring clean up today. I put fresh gas and oil mixture in the tank w a new plug as well and it fired right up. I had it running perfectly fine for about a half hour and I made my way towards the pine trees and was trying to bag up all of the left over pine needles (what I couldn't rake up) and when I was done it began to make a whining noise and started to bog down. The noise almost sounded like a belt or bad pulley. I took the mowed in the garage and sprayed the pulleys down w some wd40 thinkin it was the needles that got something clogged up. It started back up and I ran it for about 10 minutes and at that point it started making the same noise. Any ideas?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / lawn boy silver series making weird noise after bagging up pine tree needles
Have you checked UNDER the deck ?
WHY spray WD40 on the pulleys ?????? It will make belts slip for a while and then dry up.

If there aren't pine needles or some other debris around the drive pulleys on top of the deck - it is most likely something under the deck. Twine, rope, trash bags, even vines can get around the spindle.

jayare05

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I have. The 1st time around I sprayed wd40 under the pulleys thinkin that would maybe blast some dirt out and lube somethin that may have gotten dried up due to the pine needles as well. The 2nd time it started bogging down i hosed the bottom out and more pine needles came out.. other then that I guess I could try cleaning it out with somethin else? I checked the belt for the drive system and its pretty worn could that be why? The noise starts after about 10 minutes. It starts low and gets louder and almost sounds like im cutting some super high grass getting clogged so I just shut it off in fear of seizing the motor. Suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated im pretty mechanically inclined but haven't really messed around with mowers much my lawnboys always been so reliable.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Lawnboy Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

jayare05

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended up spraying it out again.. and it seems to be running fine.. thanks for the replies..