Kohler ch25 shuts off after 5 05 10 minutes-restarts fine but shuts off again in abou

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Kohler ch25 shuts off after 5 05 10 minutes-restarts fine but shuts off again in abou
Error

I know it says error, click on it anyway, it is an ipl for your engine.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Kohler ch25 shuts off after 5 05 10 minutes-restarts fine but shuts off again in abou
Then clique the "select assy." then click ignition group.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now ref # 12 is the S.A.M. unit, and ref #4 is for the coil, and note that there are 2, if there is a "kit", I have not come across one.

Also, to say to replace the S.A.M. unit would be kind of wreckless without trying to find out what the problem is.

But this system is unique, in that the SAM unit requires a minimum voltage to run, otherwise the coils will shut down, so you should get your hands on a multi-meter, and sit down and plan on putting some time in on figuring this out, someone here probably has a link to the Kohler mechanic's manuals, maybe they will put up the link.

Or you could go the other route, and replace parts that everyone suggests, which would require a big checkbook.

Or you could take it to a dealer, which would require bigger checkbook.

I suggested the quick look for corroded keyswitch terminals, because it is a common problem spot, and speeds up the process a bit.

But since a voltage drop could easily explain things, either by cutting power to the SAM unit or else the fuel shutoff solenoid, I would suggest the first thing that you do is a simple voltage test of your battery running, and check the alt output, and at the regulator, just to start things....

hutch1917

Threads
I've found the problem. I had checked all connections under dash and all of the safety switches, beside all the other things I've listed. I was looking at the Sam and noticed the wiring connector that connects engine wiring to dash wires. I cleaned
connector, plugged back together. Started engine and let it run. It ran past the normal time shuts off. I figured I would mow with it and to my surprise it kept running. I mowed about 2 acres with no problems. A very simple fix, but it took over a month of trouble shooting, replacing parts, doing research, and allot of aggravation. Thanks for all of the help.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
A month!!!!!!

It looks like well under 2 days here!!!!!!

Or do you think you found it out on your own??????????

Sorry, the bad connection wasn't under the keyswitch!!!!!!!

I am getting old and everyone here hates me!!!!!

Can't you at least throw me a little crumb?????????????

If not, then tell me/us why!!!!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dang, this is a tough crowd......

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I mean, a new poster here poses a question about diagnosing his mower problems. And someone here does, and he won't even be polite enough
to recognize that he diagnosed the problem...... Well, I guess that I am the sucker here. Maybe we should stop trying to help folks...

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Carsacw? any thoughts?

chevyred55

Threads
I mean, a new poster here poses a question about diagnosing his mower problems. And someone here does, and he won't even be polite enough
to recognize that he diagnosed the problem...... Well, I guess that I am the sucker here. Maybe we should stop trying to help folks...

Well done Fish you most always have the correct answer. Please keep helping these poor people that do not have your experience.

harrywat

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hey Fish, folks like you are my forum hero's. For every shun you know about, there are ten like me that will hang on every word and appreciates you and others sharing. I have the same engine and will clean my electrical connections. I always use DeoxIT, but is there a water resistant grease for use after its plugged back in?

I like your method of checking the free simple things first and going up from there.

Thanks
Harry