What would you do

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
We have been getting a lot of rain here.
Grass is growing like crazy. I have been cutting my yard every 3 days for the past month.

gfp55

Threads
We have been getting a lot of rain here.
Grass is growing like crazy. I have been cutting my yard every 3 days for the past month.
Fast growing grass is good for business, But it costs money to do your own.

Nwatson99

Threads
First off, if you shoot someone in the back who is running away with your stolen equipment and there are video cameras catching it you will probably get arrested and tried for murder. You can't shoot someone for stealing your property anywhere in the U.S.. If you are robbed at gun point and you get an opportunity to use deadly force to defend yourself or another then you are ok. May get investigated but it should be justified. We have a saying in law enforcement " I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!".

You have to be P.D.
PS you are not the only one that has LEO experience.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
You do for the power it gives you, don't you.

No, I do it to make a difference in my community and to help make where I live safer for my family. Plus I'm good at it. I work hard and have a knack for it. I enjoy going to work every day. How many people can say that about their job? I enjoy catching the bad guy, and returning people's stolen property to them.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
You have to be P.D.
PS you are not the only one that has LEO experience.

Do you mean L.E. Experience? As in law enforcement. I started out at a P.D., but work at a sheriff's office now.

Zeroturner

Threads
Anyone willing to point a gun at you for whatever reason isn't necessarily going to leave you as a witness with your life intact...so property isn't really the issue.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone willing to point a gun at you for whatever reason isn't necessarily going to leave you as a witness with your life intact...so property isn't really the issue.

Up here in Washington we generally don't have a lot of this. Someone points a gun at you to rob you, they are generally as scared of the gun as you are. No one wants a murder rap and its getting harder and harder to get away with that stuff now

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Up here in Washington we generally don't have a lot of this. Someone points a gun at you to rob you, they are generally as scared of the gun as you are. No one wants a murder rap and its getting harder and harder to get away with that stuff now

You would be amazed at what I have seen over the years. Sometimes it gives you a bleak outlook on society. You definitely see the worst sides of people. Scares me to think what my kids will be exposed to as they grow up. Seems like every time I lock up a drug dealer there are two to replace them.

Zeroturner

Threads
exotion,

"Someone points a gun at you to rob you, they are generally as scared of the gun as you are. No one wants a murder rap and its getting harder and harder to get away with that stuff now"

I don't put my trust and hope that an armed robber is incompetent with his gun or afraid of a murder rap. If he's violent enough to be an armed robber he has a high chance of killing you.

Me, I have a Texas Concealed Handgun License.

I carry a Glock 19 with a magazine loaded with 16 - 9 MM, Speer Gold Dot, 124 grain, JHP, +P cartridges and a full, spare magazine on the other side of my hip. Additionally, I carry a Spyderco Endura clip it knife. In addition to that, when I cycle out in the country I also carry a 4 oz. can of Freeze +P pepper spray for dogs that attack me, which happens roughly every other outing as I travel a minimum of 25 miles per outing and a lot of dog owners let their pit bulls or some other dangerous type dog run free.

Does my being armed mean I'll necessarily prevail if I have to go to guns?

No, but I have a better chance of surviving...

I'll never depend on the kindness of or fear of jail on the part of an armed robber to keep me or my loved ones from harm.

A couple of the sayings in my part of the world: "When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away" or "I carry a gun cuz a cop is too heavy" or when asked why do I carry a gun, my response is "Why do you wear a seat belt"

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
exotion,

"Someone points a gun at you to rob you, they are generally as scared of the gun as you are. No one wants a murder rap and its getting harder and harder to get away with that stuff now"

I don't put my trust and hope that an armed robber is incompetent with his gun or afraid of a murder rap. If he's violent enough to be an armed robber he has a high chance of killing you.

Me, I have a Texas Concealed Handgun License.

I carry a Glock 19 with a magazine loaded with 16 - 9 MM, Speer Gold Dot, 124 grain, JHP, +P cartridges and a full, spare magazine on the other side of my hip. Additionally, I carry a Spyderco Endura clip it knife. In addition to that, when I cycle out in the country I also carry a 4 oz. can of Freeze +P pepper spray for dogs that attack me, which happens roughly every other outing as I travel a minimum of 25 miles per outing and a lot of dog owners let their pit bulls or some other dangerous type dog run free.

Does my being armed mean I'll necessarily prevail if I have to go to guns?

No, but I have a better chance of surviving...

I'll never depend on the kindness of or fear of jail on the part of an armed robber to keep me or my loved ones from harm.

A couple of the sayings in my part of the world: "When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away" or "I carry a gun cuz a cop is too heavy" or when asked why do I carry a gun, my response is "Why do you wear a seat belt"

I am all for law abiding citizens carrying concealed weapons. You may want to swap from freeze + p to fox. Freeze tends to float around and affect the person spraying. Fox is a water based pepper spray that is 2.5 times hotter than freeze. For people who are not comfortable with carrying a gun there are civilian versions of our tasers. The main difference is when you tase the bad guy he has to take that ride for 30 seconds instead of 5 with ours. I can tell you from experience riding the lightning sucks!

Last edited: