What would you do

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did a yard two weeks ago in what most would say a bad area. As we was getting the mowers off the trailer a group of about 15 guys stood there watching us. My helper was a little scared ( they was not the same race as us ) I told him they just watching us because we are not from here. The thing is we do not know who the bad guys are. Ended up doing two yards for two of the guys in that group.

Then yesterday was doing a yard. The guy next door was like me long hair and tats even had the same black Harley hat as me.

About 10 mins into mowing he came over yelling and cussing at me because I was making to much noise. Funny thing is I just stood there letting him yell smiling. My wife could not stop laughing.

Nwatson99

Threads
That is the good thing about living in the country, no one yells at each other for mowing and keeping your place clean, but yelling does happen every now and then when you allow your place to do down and look like crap. LOL
I have lived in two suburbs and we never had issues with theft or anyone getting mad over lawn care and kinda odd a fellow hippie biker would yell at another one for lawn care.
"had to throw that in" :laughing:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well yea what sorry shitbird would threaten a working man's life over two leaf blowers, I mean they need to get off the osama welfare card, stop the drugs, and get a darn job.
I have respect for you guys working in some of the areas you work in, as far as I am concerned you guys have to extra insure yourselves over crackheads not wanting to work and the thoughts of someone putting a gun in my face over two leaf blowers has set my butt on fire since I read the article you posted.

You are lucky then, a Georgetown Ky guy took a couple of shots at a shitbird stealing his Stihl items off his trailer while he was mowing either early last month or late May saw it on the news and darn shame he did not hit meat, but he hit the vehicle and they were looking for them hot and heavy.

First off, if you shoot someone in the back who is running away with your stolen equipment and there are video cameras catching it you will probably get arrested and tried for murder. You can't shoot someone for stealing your property anywhere in the U.S.. If you are robbed at gun point and you get an opportunity to use deadly force to defend yourself or another then you are ok. May get investigated but it should be justified. We have a saying in law enforcement " I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!".

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First off, if you shoot someone in the back who is running away with your stolen equipment and there are video cameras catching it you will probably get arrested and tried for murder. You can't shoot someone for stealing your property anywhere in the U.S.. If you are robbed at gun point and you get an opportunity to use deadly force to defend yourself or another then you are ok. May get investigated but it should be justified. We have a saying in law enforcement " I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six!".

If you wake up at 2 am and find two guys in your yard stealing your mower yes you can shoot them.

You can shoot someone that is in the act of committing a felony.

My lawyer always tells me if you want to know a law do not ask a cop.

I got a ticket for crossing the white line on the side of the road.
There is no law saying you can not cross the white line. It is there for information purposes only.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you wake up at 2 am and find two guys in your yard stealing your mower yes you can shoot them.

There is no law saying you can not cross the white line. It is there for information purposes only.

Go ahead buddy, you will go to prison.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Google tennessee vs garner. U.S. supreme court ruling on use of deadly force on fleeing felons. I dont try to tell you the best way to mow lawns. That is your profession. I have been in law enforcement for 12 years. Currently an investigator.

gfp55

Threads
I'd call my insurance company.

No sir you are dead wrong.
I never threatened anyone's life with death during the commission of a crime
I have the right to protect myself, my family, and my property here in Ky and that article justifies 100% deadly force and I darn sure would accommodate anything like those two in that article.

What if I allowed those two shitbirds to get away with doing that to me and your family was visiting Ky or those two were in your city and state and the same two shitbirds robbed and killed someone from family? I guarantee you would be having a different tune

Thieves are like child molesters they need to be extinguished and yes those two in the article are deserving.

This is the answer I was looking for.
They both would have died right there.
It's not even the point of the blowers can always get a new one.

I would have just been pissed off that they pointed a gun at me. I hate a thief and the worse kind is the one that takes a working mans tools.

This was in a up scale gated community with a security guard

I have to say that I understand both your points of view and I know what I posted before about calling my insurance company,but there is a reason I posted that and not what I love to do.. Back in 1987 a piece of broke into our home and assaulted my wife, stole my car. My wife called the police then me, the cops did nothing that I could see to get the guy. They got an attitude with me for calling every day and me saying that they are not doing a good enough job to find the guy.This went on for months. Make a long story short, I see my car flying down the highway and I'm going the other way, I cross the median and follow my car, I know its my car because I removed all the badges and put wider white letter tires on it the day I got it from the dealer, I ordered it the way I wanted it. 1987 Buick Regal T-Type Turbo White, I installed a panhard rod kit on the rear end and you could see that from behind. The car was the same as a Buick Grand National but mine was a sleeper. Looked like grandmas car but with wide azz tires and a panhard rod kit. I find the guy and he is shoot in the head and is dead. I'm more worried about his blood on my car then him being dead and the cops arrest me, I'm charged and spend 2 1/2 years going though the courts, spend tons of money and spend too much time in jail, get convicted, win on appeal, sue the cops for not doing there job, sue the papers for libel, all told it was close to 10 years out of my life, I win, empty our bank account, we sell most of everything, we retire and move. I don't know if I would do over the same way, but if I did needed to do something like it again I would think things thru very good if you know what I'm saying. I don't trust the COP'S, the courts, the lawyers any farther then I can throw a 57 chevy. They say "don't take the law into your own hands" but they didn't give a about my wife and me. The guy put about 2,000 miles on my car and they say they could not find him, they told me my car was probably gone forever. But yet the sh-t bag was driving my car down the road in broad daylight with no plate, none. When I got my car back the poor thing was all up with weed seeds, crack pipes, burn holes. It got striped in the inpound lot, but they payed me for that, they didn't want to but did. I will not give anyone advice about what to do in a case like that, the guy getting robbed of leaf blows but think before you act, look around and see who is watching, be smart. The cull the herd so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have to say that I understand both your points of view and I know what I posted before about calling my insurance company,but there is a reason I posted that and not what I love to do.. Back in 1987 a piece of sh-t broke into our home and assaulted my wife, stole my car. My wife called the police then me, the cops did nothing that I could see to get the guy. They got an attitude with me for calling every day and me saying that they are not doing a good enough job to find the guy.This went on for months. Make a long story short, I see my car flying down the highway and I'm going the other way, I cross the median and follow my car, I know its my car because I removed all the badges and put wider white letter tires on it the day I got it from the dealer, I ordered it the way I wanted it. 1987 Buick Regal T-Type Turbo White, I installed a panhard rod kit on the rear end and you could see that from behind. The car was the same as a Buick Grand National but mine was a sleeper. Looked like grandmas car but with wide azz tires and a panhard rod kit. I find the guy and he is shoot in the head and is dead. I'm more worried about his blood on my car then him being dead and the cops arrest me, I'm charged and spend 2 1/2 years going though the courts, spend tons of money and spend too much time in jail, get convicted, win on appeal, sue the cops for not doing there job, sue the papers for libel, all told it was close to 10 years out of my life, I win, empty our bank account, we sell most of everything, we retire and move. I don't know if I would do over the same way, but if I did needed to do something like it again I would think things thru very good if you know what I'm saying. I don't trust the COP'S, the courts, the lawyers any farther then I can throw a 57 chevy. They say "don't take the law into your own hands" but they didn't give a sh_t about my wife and me. The guy put about 2,000 miles on my car and they say they could not find him, they told me my car was probably gone forever. But yet the sh-t bag was driving my car down the road in broad daylight with no plate, none. When I got my car back the poor thing was all fuc-ed up with weed seeds, crack pipes, burn holes. It got striped in the inpound lot, but they payed me for that, they didn't want to but did. I will not give anyone advice about what to do in a case like that, the guy getting robbed of leaf blows but think before you act, look around and see who is watching, be smart. The cull the herd so to speak.

Sorry you feel that way about cops not caring, but you are wrong about all cops not caring. I don't do this job because it makes me wealthy. Don't see how you win a law suit by suing cops for not finding the guy. Unfortunately that happens, this is a big world and crime happens every minute. We can't solve them all. No one gets more frustrated with the court system than me. I have to catch meth cooks, thieves, crack and weed dealers, and sometimes even murderers multiple times before they get serious jail time. My opinion on your situation is the dirt bag got what he deserved, but the law is clear about shooting fleeing felons. If we can't the public can't. Sounds like you are lucky not to still be in prison.

gfp55

Threads
Sorry you feel that way about cops not caring, but you are wrong about all cops not caring. I don't do this job because it makes me wealthy. Don't see how you win a law suit by suing cops for not finding the guy. Unfortunately that happens, this is a big world and crime happens every minute. We can't solve them all. No one gets more frustrated with the court system than me. I have to catch meth cooks, thieves, crack and weed dealers, and sometimes even murderers multiple times before they get serious jail time. My opinion on your situation is the dirt bag got what he deserved, but the law is clear about shooting fleeing felons. If we can't the public can't. Sounds like you are lucky not to still be in prison.
My wife will never be the same. Yes and by the way two of the fine policemen that worked may case were later convicted of selling crack to an undercover cop working with the FBI. So I still don't trust a cop and I know not ALL police are bad. Example: If you have 100 officers and five are bad and the other cops don't do something about them then how can I trust that they will help me if they can't even police themselves. Again I know that not ALL police are bad, One bad apple etc.etc.....

gfp55

Threads
Sorry you feel that way about cops not caring, but you are wrong about all cops not caring. I don't do this job because it makes me wealthy.
You do for the power it gives you, don't you.