Cleaned up the X520 (Warning lots of pictures)

Kingwood990

Threads
Well I decided to give the beast a bath.
Before.
2psk7e0.jpg

256e0xj.jpg

2uhpl4g.jpg

qssfer.jpg

After.
20z39tg.jpg

2dlt7js.jpg

snz6ef.jpg

2uxv1oo.jpg

2zzkmya.jpg

mb21ya.jpg

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Nice work! Nothing like a hard-working mower that cleans up real nice. :thumbsup:

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Love those green machines especially when there clean.:smile::thumbsup::biggrin:

Kingwood990

Threads
Glad yall like it. I don't want to use it now because it is so clean.:mad: But it gives me an excuse to wash it again.:thumbsup:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I was always amazed at the quality of the paint finish on my old JD garden tractor. It always cleaned up so nicely no matter how dirty it got or how long I let the dirt settle in. :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was always amazed at the quality of the paint finish on my old JD garden tractor. It always cleaned up so nicely no matter how dirty it got or how long I let the dirt settle in. :biggrin:

My dad used to say God created green grass and trees because green is the color people never get tired of looking at.

My dad in law says God created green grass and trees because green is the color of money....:laughing::laughing:

To be honest, I didn't care for the color green that much UNTIL I got my first JD, but then, I didn't have much money either...:biggrin:

Kingwood990

Threads
I love the paint quality on this machine. This tractor was well worth the money. I finally had to buy some parts for it. I had to replace the deck lock lever handle (plastic cracked) and the front deck mount pins (had grooves wore in them).

bjc

Threads
If you want to make it last longer and prevent rust you should clean it after every use. Like with anything you use. I like the JD Green too, but I think it is the polymer that the exterior is :biggrin:made of

okiepc

Threads
I have an old JD rider, GX75, I clean it after every use. I wash and wax it three four times a year & it is parked in my shop when not used. This mower is maintained better than the owners manual states. It may be old, but runs and looks like new. I wonder how long it will last?:laughing:

bjc

Threads
Probably another 10 years at least, that is exactly what I do to my machines