2003 walker 26 EFI wont stay runnning/ wont start. Intermittent issues please help

mjhull

Threads
  • / 2003 walker 26 EFI wont stay runnning/ wont start. Intermittent issues please help
Hello, I don't use these forums that much but, I have a 2003 Walker mower with a 26 hp Fuel injected kohler engine. I have recently just rebuilt the motor. All clearances are to specd and within the clearance marks. So i know the engine is good. I am having an intermittent start issue that it will sometimes start right up but then it will die. If i try to start it again it is like there is no compression. After letting it sit, i can go back to it and try to start it again, and 3 out of 4 times, it will start right up and stay running. once i do that, it usually stays running all day. I am completely lost. I have a new starter relay, as well as a new ignition/fuel pump relay. Relays A and D are brand new. Batter and charging are great. No codes. Any help would be great. again this is a fuel injected model and there is no carb. I feel that it could be a bad ground but I checked all the grounds that i can find. New fuel filter and I am getting spark, even when its not starting. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when turning the key on to prime the system. When it does run it runs great. Has a small backfire from high rpms to idle. but thats not my concern right now. I appreciate anyones thoughts. Thanks!!

bentley

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2003 walker 26 EFI wont stay runnning/ wont start. Intermittent issues please help
i had problems with mine the other day and it turned out to be a hole in the high pressure fuel line in side the fuel tank

RandyR

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I don't use these forums that much but, I have a 2003 Walker mower with a 26 hp Fuel injected kohler engine. I have recently just rebuilt the motor. All clearances are to specd and within the clearance marks. So i know the engine is good. I am having an intermittent start issue that it will sometimes start right up but then it will die. If i try to start it again it is like there is no compression. After letting it sit, i can go back to it and try to start it again, and 3 out of 4 times, it will start right up and stay running. once i do that, it usually stays running all day. I am completely lost. I have a new starter relay, as well as a new ignition/fuel pump relay. Relays A and D are brand new. Batter and charging are great. No codes. Any help would be great. again this is a fuel injected model and there is no carb. I feel that it could be a bad ground but I checked all the grounds that i can find. New fuel filter and I am getting spark, even when its not starting. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when turning the key on to prime the system. When it does run it runs great. Has a small backfire from high rpms to idle. but thats not my concern right now. I appreciate anyones thoughts. Thanks!!

So what was the final problem? I am having the same issue and am beside myself.

mjhull

Threads
So what was the final problem? I am having the same issue and am beside myself.

Turned out being a bad injector. No one was able to figured it out. Injector never failed but it was bad.