bought a couple of 22040s

Mike88se

Threads
I picked up a couple of old 22040 Proline 21s with Suzuki 2 strokes a couple of weeks ago. Finally got a chance to work on one yesterday. Removed everything from the gas tank to the carb and clean all the gunk & varnish out and put a new fuel filter on. Got it to fire up and run but the gas tank leaks. I tried the gas tank from the other mower but it leaks too. Cracks where the self tapping screws mount the tank. I'm going to get some studs and install them in the tank and epoxy them in and cover the cracks and see how it works.
I'm not planning on restoring these. I want to get one working reliably. Clean it up good and repaint the housing cover and recoil mechanism. Not sure what I'll do with the other. Use it for parts probably. I want to get it running though.

attachment.php

Mike88se

Threads
Decided to fix one and use the other for parts. It's coming along. Got the one clean and then sanded and painted the handles. Getting it running was easy enough. Fixing the gas tank so that it doesn't leak has been the problem. Both tanks leaked at the same places... the holes for the mounting screws. Bad design IMO. I plastic welded one and then used epoxy and high density foam to make a cushioned bottom. Need to fab some brackets to attach the tank to the mount. I mounted it temporarily with strapping. Here's a pic and a video.
IMG_0075.JPG

I need a kill switch ;)

jp1961

Threads
Sounds EXCELLANT, thanks for posting. The Suzuki sounds quite a bit different than a LawnBoy Duraforce 2 stroke. I've been looking for one of these mowers, don't see too many on Craigslist.

Jeff