Help--Kohler Command 12.5s Won't Start/ Runs Erratically

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Help--Kohler Command 12.5s Won't Start/ Runs Erratically
So, your world cannot fathom a wiring harness that gets too close to a steering setup and get chewed up? Or a wiring harness that gets molten by getting too close to exhaust? Or a mouse nest that chews the insulation off of all of the insulation in a
harness????? Or someone replacing a keyswitch?????? Or that someone going to Napa, and getting the "wrong" keyswitch???

Or an old worn out "keyswitch" comes apart inside and sends stray voltage everywhere? Or else, what about a moron trying to bypass everything on his tractor, and he is stupid enough to supply 12volts to his coil, because he is stupid enough to listen to some of the members here?

I am sorry, but if someone is that wrong, I have to say something. I am just worried that you have been teaching as long as you bragg about......

drivebywire

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Result

I ended up getting a new coil and today, I was able to mow the whole yard without the engine stopping. In hindsight, the engine used to require a lot of cranking to get started when it was cold. It was that way for more than a year. With the new coil, it starts right up.

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my question and sharing your knowledge. You saved me quite a bit of money and I appreciate your help!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, I stand by my reply. If you can show me how a magneto ignition system coil can get voltage out of a ground, I will change my stance. I am not going to get into a debate over this and the original poster can make is own decision how he wants to proceed, but I am done replying to your posts. Open to be friends, now you are joking, right.

Wow!!!!! Let me see if I can get this post over to that other "coil" thread!!!!

Paulsrepairall

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: FUEL STARVED NEED DIFF FUEL FILTER OR TRY NONE FOR A TEST XXXXXXX

Thanks for the test procedure. I did that, the tractor ran longer but still quit. The first time it started back up within a couple minutes and quit again. I waited a few more minutes and it started up and ran for another 30 and quit again.

All in all it quit 4 times in 1.5 hours. When it does start again there is no black or white smoke. While I was waiting for it to start back up I put a spark plug in the plug wire boot and couldn't see any spark however I was outside.

When it quit the last time I pushed it into the garage, put the old plug into the wire and cranked it. At first there was no spark. As I cranked it some more, there was spark but it was weak. Finally the spark went away, I pushed it in it's spot and walked away.

I appreciate your help!! Where would you look next?

XXXXXX

Paulsrepairall

Forum Newbie
Threads
FUEL STARVED, CHECK VENT ON CAP, TRY DIFF TYPE OF FUEL FILTER OR FOR A TEST NONE AT ALL