Raptor SD 2014 bent belt spindle? ?

RaptorSD14

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a raptor sd about three months ago and it has about 35 hours on it. I just recently noticed some deck vibration and noticed that my two belt spindles are bent. I don't even know how in the world this is possible. Does anyone have any idea what I should do and if this is something that is under warranty. These are not the blade spindles. The mower cuts fine. Please help!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I bought a raptor sd about three months ago and it has about 35 hours on it. I just recently noticed some deck vibration and noticed that my two belt spindles are bent. I don't even know how in the world this is possible. Does anyone have any idea what I should do and if this is something that is under warranty. These are not the blade spindles. The mower cuts fine. Please help!!

The belt spindles and blade spindles are not one of the same? Now I take it there is a pulley on these spindles, could the pulleys be bent? The only way to know if the spindles themselves are bent would be to remove them, is this what you have done? If it is warranty it sounds to me like you had better take it to a warrants shop.

RaptorSD14

Forum Newbie
Threads
The belt spindles and blade spindles are not one of the same? Now I take it there is a pulley on these spindles, could the pulleys be bent? The only way to know if the spindles themselves are bent would be to remove them, is this what you have done? If it is warranty it sounds to me like you had better take it to a warrants shop.

Yes I guess they would be the pulleys that the belt goes around. They look like they are attached to the deck.

MRCo.

Threads
If the pulleys are defective it's a warranty issue. Take it to the dealer.

RaptorSD14

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the pulleys are defective it's a warranty issue. Take it to the dealer.

It ended up actually being the deck that was bent? The dealer pressed the deck back into place and leveled the spindles. Took it home and mowed about 10 hours and it was back to look the same! It is back at the dealer again...Im sick of dealing with this. Anyone have any insight on what could be causing this?

Eric21

Threads
I don't know how in the world the deck could be bent like that. I would imagine they will just replace the deck at this point. Keep us posted on it.

RaptorSD14

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know how in the world the deck could be bent like that. I would imagine they will just replace the deck at this point. Keep us posted on it.

Yeah idk, were the bolt spindles come up threw the deck is where it is bent. Almost like the deck was weak in those areas. After they fixed it the first time you could see it gradually get worse over time.

Kremeneon

Threads
Yeah idk, were the bolt spindles come up threw the deck is where it is bent. Almost like the deck was weak in those areas. After they fixed it the first time you could see it gradually get worse over time.

I'd love to see a picture of this so the rest of us can monitor our machines.

LeakyGasket

Threads
JUST GUESSING: This problem may be a design one, in that the deck isn't strong enough to handle stress put on the spindles by the forces exerted on them.

Since reading this, I got concerned and went to the Ariens site, and they specifically say deck is "10-gauge welded steel deck with 1/4" spindle reinforcement."

Hope this isn't the case.

Eric21

Threads
I seen on the hustler specs that the deck is 11ga with 7ga spindle reenforced