exmark

randy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark with a 17.5 Kamasaki engine, it starts up great and rives up great but when you put it in gear power dies down. When you stop and take it out of gear it rives back up and runs great. Any ideas or suggeations would be greatly appreciated.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Exmark Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

LarryF

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Exmark with a 17.5 Kamasaki engine, it starts up great and rives up great but when you put it in gear power dies down. When you stop and take it out of gear it rives back up and runs great. Any ideas or suggeations would be greatly appreciated.

Randy,

Sorry to hear about your problem. My Exmark is a 2001 52-inch ZTR with a 23 HP Kawasaki and used only for my 1-acre lot. I expect it will last me for the rest of my life. I paid a lot for it, by the landscapers in my area of NJ get a hundred for a lawn the size of mine, so avoiding that weekly expense, my Exmark has paid for itself now several times over and is still in almost new condition. But to address your problem, Kawasaki dealers may not want to admit it, but these engines frequently have ignition-coil failure, and that may be your problem if it has low power under load. It was for mine once, and my dealer had a hard time trying to it figure out. Once identified however, it was an easy and not-too-expensive repair, one you can do yourself if you like to do mechanical work. Good luck with it.

Larry

Betterlawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could just be your brake check the wire, and connections clean the connection where it plugs in and try and put some die electric grease on their it really helps keep the dirt out and a good connection, you should put die electric grease on all your connections and spark plug boots.... Even light bulbs