Push rod lenght

tim2

Threads
I already replaced the flywheel key, connecting rod, battery, rebuilt the deck, and rebuilt the carb. It still refuses to start.

tim2

Threads
Reset the valves and the engine is turning over very slowly and not firing. The valves are gapped at exhaust .15mm and intake at .10mm. Brand new fully charged battery, all connections cleaned and tight. Did a complete rebuild of the carb, new connecting rod, and seals. Maybe I need to open up the motor again and make sure the valves did not get bent when the connecting rod broke. I might have to take it to a shop before to much longer.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you chitting me???

Why won't you gap the valves correctly?

Have you been "pulling" our leg????????

tim2

Threads
Fish, from what I have found on line they are gapped correctly. Manual says Intake .06-.13 mm Exhaust .13-.18mm If that is not correct what should they be set at?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tim, you are correct, .15mm equals .006in and .10mm equals .004in. Some people don't know about the metric system yet.

tim2

Threads
So if I am setting them correctly what else might I check?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tim, time to go back to the basics. Do you have spark? Are you sure you have fuel in the cylinder? Have you checked compression? With out these three it will not start or run. I would start with these three and tell use how you checked each one.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OH, "SNAP"!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I missed the metric thing there, sorry. since we all were American, my bad... Let Rivets take you where you need to be.....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
He has been waiting a while for that
one!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Of course he will just put up a mechanic manual link, and call it a "win". And go on from there....