mouse prevention

varmint

Forum Newbie
Threads
Those of us who live in the country may have had the experience of finding mouse damage to our garden tractors/mowers: mice seem to love the tasty insulation on wiring, and nest builidng inside where it's dark and safe is an issue, too. After replacing a chewed magneto on my old Wheelhorse, I learned from an oldtimer to just leave the engine cover up-open. No problems since on any mowers.

Bruce Mowbray

Threads
I put 1/4" x 1/4" hardware wire screens over my air intakes and give the engine compartments a squirt of WD-40. I also give my tool box drawers a squirt too. Keeps rust down and mice out.

Bruce
Springville, PA

Threads
I have two cats, I don't feed them and mice don't seem to be a problem around my property:laughing:

mamaA

Threads
We had a mouse here and there in our garage but (knock on wood!) never had a problem with them chewing through anything important. And a little peanut butter on a mousetrap and voila! No more mice!

Zeroturn

Threads
This reminds me of a couple of years back. We brought out the 4-wheeler and the lawn mower after Winter and there were mouse nests in both! Gross..... There was only 1 dead mouse in the lawn mower. My hubby left the top up too and it's parked in the shed.

ReggieDeere

Threads
I have 4 cats that just roam all over my property, and I've never had a mouse problem. My cats are my exterminators. But in case you don't want cats, just try a classic mousetrap with a little peanut butter, that should do the trick.:smile:

I have two cats, I don't feed them and mice don't seem to be a problem around my property:laughing:

jpalasek

Forum Newbie
Threads
I perfer a mouse over cats. I use the traps and sticky pads.

bmwe0692

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do you use the computer??? If your mouse is stuck in a trap somwhere??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I also use peanut butter, but have to remember where they are so grand children
don't get into them.

T.J.

Nimblewill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have heard of farmers using dryer sheets (those sheets you put in the clothes dryer) in tractors and combines after harvest to keep mice out of the cab and engine compartment.
I can't say if it works or not as we have 5 cats patrolling 24/7.

Zeroturn

Threads
I don't have much luck with peanut butter but I do with pepperoni. For some reason I catch more mice with the pepperoni. I think it's because the mice have to pull harder to get the pepperoni out of the trap and then it snaps! :eek: