Troy bilt. 6.75 hp no choke, no prime. Not running. pleaseee help (pic inside)

mycoolhamm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Troy bilt. 6.75 hp no choke, no prime. Not running. pleaseee help (pic inside)
Ok so i started a thread the other day and didnt really get the problem fixed. :mad:
things ive done so far:
Fresh gas, new plug, new air filter, took off carb. and cleaned with carb cleaner.
If i start mower. it idles really low until it eventually shuts off.
When i put a lil pressure on the governor arm (#1) with my finger it runs like a dream. I know the little arm opens up the little pivoting door in the carb to let in more air. but for some reason it isnt staying open enough on its own. Ive looked everywhere and i dont see any place to adjust the carburator. so i am at a loss. Please help
mowerproblem600x897.jpg

Jetblast

Threads
  • / Troy bilt. 6.75 hp no choke, no prime. Not running. pleaseee help (pic inside)
My best guess is continuing carb crud. If it were me I'd spray a whole can of carb cleaner in there at varying RPMs, and failing that I'd take the carb off for a serious inspection of the jetting. Afterwards, I'd change the oil since it will likely be compromised with carb cleaning solvent through the piston ring/cylinder wall interface.

mycoolhamm

Forum Newbie
Threads
My best guess is continuing carb crud. If it were me I'd spray a whole can of carb cleaner in there at varying RPMs, and failing that I'd take the carb off for a serious inspection of the jetting. Afterwards, I'd change the oil since it will likely be compromised with carb cleaning solvent through the piston ring/cylinder wall interface.

i took the carb. off and it looks brand new. mower has only been used 20 times or so.

mystreba

Threads
Ok so i started a thread the other day and didnt really get the problem fixed. :mad:
things ive done so far:
Fresh gas, new plug, new air filter, took off carb. and cleaned with carb cleaner.
If i start mower. it idles really low until it eventually shuts off.
When i put a lil pressure on the governor arm (#1) with my finger it runs like a dream. I know the little arm opens up the little pivoting door in the carb to let in more air. but for some reason it isnt staying open enough on its own. Ive looked everywhere and i dont see any place to adjust the carburator. so i am at a loss. Please help
mowerproblem600x897.jpg

What machine is this (model #)? I don't understand the "governor" thing. Are you referring to a choke lever? Isn't the purpose of a choke lever to "open up the little pivoting door in the carb to let in more air"?

mycoolhamm

Forum Newbie
Threads
What machine is this (model #)? I don't understand the "governor" thing. Are you referring to a choke lever? Isn't the purpose of a choke lever to "open up the little pivoting door in the carb to let in more air"?

troy bilt
model # 12av566n711 It may be called a choke lever. I was telling a guy in a small engine shop about it and he called it a governor. he didnt see it tho. that is why i posted a pic and labeled it with a #1.

toddlt

Forum Newbie
Threads
troy bilt
model # 12av566n711 It may be called a choke lever. I was telling a guy in a small engine shop about it and he called it a governor. he didnt see it tho. that is why i posted a pic and labeled it with a #1.

Hi. I've had the same problem and at the end of the choke lever (governor) is the troddle which keeps getting stuck on me. I jiggle it loose and the mower runs like a charm (until it gets stuck again then same exercise). Give it a try and let me know.

My carburator has come loose off of the pipe, would you mind sharing what I have to do to reattach it? Thanks.