Mower blade replacement

MarineScott

Threads
Where is the best/economical place to purchase new mower blades for a Kubota ZD25 60" deck?

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Where is the best/economical place to purchase new mower blades for a Kubota ZD25 60" deck?

WELCOME TO LMF!! :wink:

Have you tried Home Depot or Tractor Supply?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Kubota Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

slc10844

Threads
I've been thinking about installing mulching blades on a 60" deck without a mulching kit. How are the mulching blades when it comes to grass collecting under the deck? Thick, wet grass seems to collect under the deck and impedes grass discharge with the standard blades. Do mulchers cut the grass into finer pieces and only increase the problem?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you seen Meg-Mo Blades ? Meg-Mo Blades 2.jpg
I know Kenny did not have good luck with these, but I like them.
They cut the grass clippings finer and throw them farther out the chute + the blades (knives) flip back if you hit anything. If you are interested, just look up Meg-Mo ! :thumbsup:

CajunCub

Threads
I have used these guys: onlymowerblades.com :thumbsup:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads

Several online retailers, take your pick. Look for one with free shipping. If your only wanting one set, a local retailer will have after market blades from rotary, etc... You may not be able to get free shipping with an order of only 3 blades.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I've been thinking about installing mulching blades on a 60" deck without a mulching kit. How are the mulching blades when it comes to grass collecting under the deck? Thick, wet grass seems to collect under the deck and impedes grass discharge with the standard blades. Do mulchers cut the grass into finer pieces and only increase the problem?

I tried mulching blades in the past. They tend to bend easy if you should accidently hit a root or anything hard. I have gone to a low lift blade now for several years. My deck loves them!! They don't suck up all that sand in dryer conditions like the others, including mulching blades. They cut just as well if not better in my opinion. Anyone reading this, they do make after market low lift blades for most all makes and models. One can also cut wet grass with not nearly as many clumps. I try not to cut wet but sometimes you don't have a choice. Get-ER-Done!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads

I think build up is mostly a deck design problem... a bad design will most likely have more trouble with some blades than others... But I have switched to mulching blades with no change... I've never had any build up problem...
Oregon Gator mulching blades.... OREGON brand Lawn Mower Blades
They work great... :smile:KennyV