water in carb.

Jasin961

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a secondary mower that I use every so often and I had to spray starter fluid in the carb at the end of last season. It caught on fire for a few seconds and I in panic, I got my hose and put it out with water.
Big mistake,I know but now it wont run right. I drained the tank, let it air out a while and it wont stay running. What are your thoughts. I know it was a stupid choice but it should be fixable right?

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a secondary mower that I use every so often and I had to spray starter fluid in the carb at the end of last season. It caught on fire for a few seconds and I in panic, I got my hose and put it out with water.
Big mistake,I know but now it wont run right. I drained the tank, let it air out a while and it wont stay running. What are your thoughts. I know it was a stupid choice but it should be fixable right?
Yea it's fixable. I would not necessarily assume that the water is the problem, after all it did catch fire.... fire's bad. Why did it catch fire....get a little generous with the starter fluid or was there gas coming from the carb? Starter fluid burns so hot you won''t see it and you sure won't have time to get the hose.
Get in there look around and see what could be melted. What does "won't run right" mean? Did you saturate the air filter?
Take some pics and post them. Be more specific. We can fix this, we just need more info.
Oh yea...Welcome to LMF, the best website in the Universe.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!