Crazy typing box

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought this issue was just me, or something I was doing. Judging by the 'animal waste' thread elsewhere, I see it's not.

When replying in the text box (particularly when replying with a long quote), you can't use the mouse (or trackpad) to scroll down the message so you can type. It just keeps bouncing back to the first paragraph of text. I've found the workaround is to put the cursor where it wants to be, and use the arrow keys to get to the bottom, where you'd want to type.

It doesn't occur all the time, and there is no rhyme or reason as to when it occurs. I'm using IE, but it happens on my other computer using Opera, too.

Just thought I'd post this issue here, so anyone else having this trouble can discuss it - and maybe Muhammad or his team can look into it.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are running windows 7 & Internet Explorer - is there a "compatibility view" buton next to the address bar at the top -- it does not show up on all web sites, but does for this and a fiew others I visit.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you are running windows 7 & Internet Explorer - is there a "compatibility view" buton next to the address bar at the top -- it does not show up on all web sites, but does for this and a fiew others I visit.

Yes, I'm in compatibility view. It appears the Java (or whatever generates this box) is screwy sometimes. Like right now, it's 100% back to normal - and I haven't done anything.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, I'm in compatibility view. It appears the Java (or whatever generates this box) is screwy sometimes. Like right now, it's 100% back to normal - and I haven't done anything.

I'm using Vista and IE8 on both my computers, if that means anything....normal here for now too.

Last edited:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm using Vista and IE9 on both my computers, if that means anything....normal here for now too.

You know what? I'm thinking...

This problem really started becoming more common since Muhammad started messing around with the 'ad experiments'. Wonder if installing/uninstalling these ads is messing with the way the box acts. The erratic nature of this problem lends itself to being a server problem - not our's.

Have you noticed that the Google ads at the top don't come up anymore? Just says 'the webpage cannot be found'.....The link appears broken.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just now, simply scrolling in the forum is screwy and jumpy.

I'm convinced it's that cub ad.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Smooth and never a glitch on my desktop and my laptop both using FireFox... :smile:KennyV

mystreba

Threads
There is more than one problem with the advertisements. Since there was a recent change in the way the site handles advertisements, I find that I have to click my browser's "back" button twice to get it to work. If I look at the history under the "back" button, I see that there are sometimes "advertisement" entries, which explains the need for two clicks.

In terms of the cursor issue, I have that too. I generally use the "ctrl-end" key sequence to get my cursor to the end of the text and then begin typing.

I'm running IE8 on Windows 7.