Country Clipper Zero Turn

slimyslim

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at the Challenger model Country Clipper. Anyone have any Pros or Cons? Also, which engine is the best, Kawasaki, Briggs, or Kohler?

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking at the Challenger model Country Clipper. Anyone have any Pros or Cons? Also, which engine is the best, Kawasaki, Briggs, or Kohler?
I've read several posts by owners on these forums over the last couple of years, and they've only had good things to say about them. Aren't they the ones that the deck "flips up" towards the front making cleaning under the deck or changing blades a snap?? As far as engines IMHO, #1-Kawasaki, #2-Kohler(stay away from the Courage series) and #3-Briggs & Stratton(especially the Intek models....actually, the B & S Vanguard series is highly regarded).

D

DSepe

I wish I had a dealer close to me because these mowers look awesome...I love the flip up mower deck they have. Even with a mojack I use currently...it would be nice to have the flip up option instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, the country clipper mowers have decks that can be stood up in front of the mower in a few easy steps. They also offer the single joystick control. The big advantage to the joy stick would be having your left hand free to move low hanging limbs out of the way. I do not own one but I have thought about trading for a charger myself. I love my current mower (snapper pro s150xt), but I love the flip up deck feature on the country clipper. I clean under my mower deck at least every other time I mow my lawn, and I sharpen the blades multiple times a year. I am a big fan of the fx series kawasaki engines, but I have had good experiences with the kohler engines as well. The b&s vanguard has held up well on my dad's mower and he is pretty rough on equipment. Not a fan of the intek b&s though.

txzrider2

Threads
I went to the country clipper after it was finally time to replace my 17 y/o snapper yardcruiser with a joystick. I was hot to buy a used snapper(newer) until I saw that flip up deck... and it has been worth it. Plus the clipper is built much sturdier than my snapper. About the only thing I do not like on it is... the joystick is longer so it takes smaller movements to be precise. The snapper cable operated joystick was shorter and easier to finesse. Besides moving limbs... it makes it really easy to mow with a big ol iced tea in your left hand! The deck makes it very easy to change blades or clear trash from a blade if you run over something.