Cub Cadet mower blade nuts

Jetblast

Threads
That's a beautiful dog, BK. I wouldn't shoot that dog even it was attacking my private parts.:biggrin: (inside joke)

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
That must be an inside joke ! :rolleyes:
Didn't mean to hijack the thread - maybe we need a "Pets" thread ? or a Cats thread and Dogs thread !
That's a beautiful dog, BK. I wouldn't shoot that dog even it was attacking my private parts.:biggrin: (inside joke)

parapower

Threads
IT COULD HAVE LEFT HAND THREADS

TRY TO LOOSEN IT THAT WAY AS U MAY BE TRYING TO TIGHTEN IT INSTEAD OF LOOSENING IT.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got em off with my friends Dewalt impact gun. Unfortunately I used it to remove the spindle bolts , most of which broke off. Some MTD spindles appear to be identical to the 1600 Cub Cadet spindle. Could they be interchanged?

Most likely will interchange with a lot of them...
UN fortunately many of the throw away spindles used today are installed with self taping bolts... BIG mistake to use those... they are going to break off when you try to remove them... You will be better off doing it like they use to and still do on serviceable spindles ... Drill holes through it and attach using BOLTs LOCK Washers & NUTs... little more work to do it right BUT a LOT easier to remove if you have to... :smile:KennyV

CajunCub

Threads
They are NOT left-handed threads...Impact is the answer, use a 6 point 15/16"socket 1/2"drive. Good Luck!

benski

Threads
Yep, a 15/16" six point impact socket is the best answer, IMHO. I slobber Never-Seize on the male threads at reassembly time, torque the thing to 80 lbs-ft., and then apply some more never sieze on the nut and any exposed threads on the spindle. The never sieze seems to slow down the inevitable "grass welding" that goes on under mower decks.:biggrin: