Swisher finish cut tow-behind mowers

bckskin2

Threads
Hi, My name is Jerry. I mow 5 +- acres. I have a John Deere X500 and a New Holland TC 30 with a 72" finish mower. I hate using the NH on any thing except the pasture because it mows unevenly. I have thought of getting one of the Swisher to pull behind the JD to speed up mowing. I have also thought of getting a good residential grade ZTR. An opinions?
As an after thought a dealer had a 1 year old 72" Dixon he was willing to sell for about the cost of a better residential. I would like the ROPS.
Thanks,
Jerry

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I own the Swisher ZTR, and the deck is roughly the same as the pull behind. I wouldn't recommend it as a good option, way too light duty.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get a good 72" ztr, and forget the others, you will get done quicker and come out way better in the long run.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, My name is Jerry. I mow 5 +- acres. I have a John Deere X500 and a New Holland TC 30 with a 72" finish mower. I hate using the NH on any thing except the pasture because it mows unevenly. I have thought of getting one of the Swisher to pull behind the JD to speed up mowing. I have also thought of getting a good residential grade ZTR. An opinions?
As an after thought a dealer had a 1 year old 72" Dixon he was willing to sell for about the cost of a better residential. I would like the ROPS.
Thanks,
Jerry

Dixon makes a fine ZTR!!!! What model is it, how many hours does it have and what kind of deal is the dealer giving you??? If it's one of the DX100 or DX200 commercial Dixons you can't go wrong!!!!

bckskin2

Threads
I looked at that Dixon 200 and really like. They have some smaller ones too, but I really like that 200!

Heus

Threads
I have owned two Swisher 60" trail mowers and I also have a new Dixon Ultra 61". I was very happy with the Swisher that I purchased new. It mowed great and took a lot of residential abuse mowing about 4 acres at a time. The second swisher I purchased used was older, underpowered, and the deck did not stand up to rough ground. So far I'm happy with my Dixon.

bckskin2

Threads
What about the Dixon Ultras? They are a step done from the DX. I think they have the Kohler Engine.