Jacobsen with sulky, what model is it?

GoranC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found this forum.

I have an old Jacobsen with sulky and I am looking for the model number. If I knew the model number I could possible find the manual.
Can someone help me with the model number?

The mower is in good shape. I found it in a junk-yard 30 years ago and I have used it every summer during all these years. A new drive belt, a spark plug and oil is all it consumed sofar. It could need a new silencer but a beer-can is doing fine.

jacobsen.jpg

stayalertstayalive

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just found this forum.

I have an old Jacobsen with sulky and I am looking for the model number. If I knew the model number I could possible find the manual.
Can someone help me with the model number?

The mower is in good shape. I found it in a junk-yard 30 years ago and I have used it every summer during all these years. A new drive belt, a spark plug and oil is all it consumed sofar. It could need a new silencer but a beer-can is doing fine.

View attachment 21382

Hello-
Get on the jacobsen web site and click on the technical support. And ask them for a manual in pdf form. I told them I have a jacobsen park 30 mower with a wisconsin engine. They sent me a pdf manual that I downloaded and made a nice manual in a binder. I seen your model in my manual by picture i.d. only but its in there. It helps i.d. parts of the mower as well as to how everything bolts together. Hope this helps.

Chris-

GoranC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Chris,
Thanks for advise, I will try that

uptown

Threads
looks like a park 30 with 7 hp kolher engine to me it would be serails 17a30-9950 and up model 17A30

uptown

Threads
model 15 or 15-A sulky

uptown

Threads
earlier park 30's the all chain drives are model 1730 belt drives 17A30

GoranC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it is a Kohler motor. The Jacobsen serial number plate has the following numbers (first) 63002 and 24883 (second).
After fitted new bearings I uploaded a video on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW3LZf_mrWQ

I love this old ironhorse

uptown

Threads
I ment 4 horse kolher ill find my newer modal book today and give you a year on your mower tomorrow