RSD exhaust burning lawn?

BoylermanCT

Threads
I ordered the shield when I bought my mower. $45. The dealer tried to charge me shop fees and labor for installing it, along with the engine guard and flex forks. I talked to my salesman and he removed all of the shop fees and labor. I was told to make sure I keep it free of grass, but so far no grass has made it into the heat shield.

mhavanti

Threads
I'm considering putting engine oil and hydro coolers on the RSD60.

Did the flex forks make enough difference to pay the price?

BoylermanCT

Threads
The flex forks are pricey, but they do make a noticeable difference. If you had to slow way down due to bumps, you will still have to slow way down. But it smooths out the minor bumps so you don't feel them. It also stopped blade swirl marks in the grass due to ruts. You can save a little money buying them on EBay, they are about $50 cheaper than at the dealer. I financed mine with the mower at 0%, so it only added $7 per payment.

mhavanti

Threads
I'm fairly sure I'm gonna have to either pick up a Simplicity, a Ferris or flex forks, one of the three.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Toro makes the "My Ride" system that looks like the best suspension I have ever seen. Also you can buy an air ride aftermarket setup for $429. https://ztrpuffer.com/

577jersey

Threads
Best riding mower is the Ferris with the full suspension,,air ride seats are good but cant compare.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I see no need to spend money on any of this suspension stuff.
I am in the money making business. I can't see spending money on novelties.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If I can't go to work I can't make money. I am going to try my brothers airride when it get installed. If it helps me a lot then I will get one for next season.

BoylermanCT

Threads
I'm fairly sure I'm gonna have to either pick up a Simplicity, a Ferris or flex forks, one of the three.

I looked closely at the Simplicity Courier. Nice features. But I could not find any reviews or feedback from owners, so I decided to go with a different mower. I liked the looks of the suspension, but they would not allow for a trial use on my lawn so I passed.

bhs0731

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought on online to be installed next week $38 + shipping, dealer stated roughly what you got from their facebook account regarding the dangers of grass build-up.