Have 0.25 acre tall fescue, need good bagger (good suction at 4" height) HRR/HRX/HRC?

magbarn

Threads
  • / Have 0.25 acre tall fescue, need good bagger (good suction at 4" height) HRR/HRX/HRC?
Have 0.25 acre tall fescue, need good bagger (good suction at 4" height) HRR/HRX/HRC?

As the title says. I was originally leaning towards the HRR with roto stop, but not really liking the smart drive. I actually prefer the traditional Honda controls so the HRX and the HRC are closer to the top of the list. Are there any advantages for HRC for the homeowner? Meaning does it have higher vac for higher cutting heights vs the HRX? I like to keep my equipment running for >10 years and I'm willing to do the maintenance...

Robshonda

Threads
  • / Have 0.25 acre tall fescue, need good bagger (good suction at 4" height) HRR/HRX/HRC?
Re: Have 0.25 acre tall fescue, need good bagger (good suction at 4" height) HRR/HRX/

I have the HRX and bag my tall, thick fescue at 3.5-4 inches and it does a fine job.
I tried the HRR and the HRX was much better with its slicker deck (less grass sticking)
More power and the ability to dial inbetween full bagging and full mulching is very nice.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why are you stuck on Honda? I had the hrr it was ok at bagging but not fantastic. I've used the hrx with the same story. The lack of high lift blades for hondas makes them better at mulching than bagging.

Try a brand with aftermarket availability to get better high lift blades. Gotta say my old scotts/ariens is the best bagger I've ever used big bag and that machine can pack it so full makes it hard to steer lol

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Husqvarna HU 675AWD Ranking: ★ ★ ★ ★ 1/2 Price: $300 Engine: 149-cc Drive: All-wheel Height Adjustment: Four levers Cut Width: 21 inches Functions: mulches, bags Weight: 89 pounds Decibels (A Scale): 95 Likes: The Husqvarna was the most versatile mower in this test. It's simple and maneuverable, and it leaves an excellent cut surface. It also outbagged everything else by a long shot. Its all-wheel drive will conquer just about any surface, even steep ones. If you can stand on it safely, you can mow it. We also liked that the drive system helps you cut an arrow-straight line. Dislikes: If you need to pull the Husqvarna backward, then you must first roll the mower forward a foot or two without the drive system engaged. Best Suited For: Medium-to-large yards with steep slopes that require a high cut quality and a need to bag.