Buying Advice Calling all Experts - 2014 Riding Tractor Advice Needed

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Calling all Experts - 2014 Riding Tractor Advice Needed
Skupk may be right. After 10 years I wish I had a garden vs lawn tractor because I cannot pull a lite plow. You might be surprised what develops downline. In 2004 I had no idea there was a difference, believing it to be just nomenclature. But the garden tractors have better axles, trans and frame even though the same engines. My dyt 4000 cost $1850 in 2004, so I suppose $2000 now. The Craftsman garden at sears is $3060 with the vangard ( commercial) and the Husqy is $3300 with limited slip diff. Since I cannot get anyone to plow a 1/3 acre I have it is frustrating to look back. Live and learn.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I never knew a riding mower was hard to turn.

Power steering is just one of the things you do not need but get it so you can say you have it. Just like a cup holder. Or the headlights. Next thing you all will want is abs brakes and a low tire light.

And then we have people buying a ztr for a 1/2 acre yard just so they can say they have a ztr.

Buy a push mower and spend the half hour cutting the grass.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cars, PS on your race car? Have been told long races can wear you down without it.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cars, PS on your race car? Have been told long races can wear you down without it.

No power steering pump.
Have a Quick steer rack

1striper1

Threads
I never knew a riding mower was hard to turn.

Power steering is just one of the things you do not need but get it so you can say you have it. Just like a cup holder. Or the headlights. Next thing you all will want is abs brakes and a low tire light.

And then we have people buying a ztr for a 1/2 acre yard just so they can say they have a ztr.

Buy a push mower and spend the half hour cutting the grass.

WOW...are YOU buying the mower for the guy? YOU don't want power steering...fine. He was asking for opinions and I gave him mine. you TOLD him he doesn't need it. HTF do you know what he needs?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
WOW...are YOU buying the mower for the guy? YOU don't want power steering...fine. He was asking for opinions and I gave him mine. you TOLD him he doesn't need it. HTF do you know what he needs?
Oh I get it now only you can give your opinion. My feelings are if you are so much of a <snip> ???? that you need power steering on a riding mower then maybe you should not be using a riding mower. It's not like they are hard to turn. If you want the power steering so it is easy to turn the wheels when the mower is not moving then that is one more reason you should not use a riding mower.

Last edited:

1striper1

Threads
Oh I get it now only you can give your opinion.

My feelings are if you are so much of a <snip> that you need power steering on a riding mower then maybe you should not be using a riding mower. It's not like they are hard to turn.

If you want the power steering so it is easy to turn the wheels when the mower is not moving then that is one more reason you should not use a riding mower.

I will take a road you've obviously never been down...it's called the high road.

Have a good life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dang son... You are starting to make me look good.....

I have a piece of farmland, bought a good used cheapass ztr for $1000, not what I wanted, but cuts the turf around the house well enough, bought a good/well used Massey 150 for $1200 with a bushhog, lotsa great attachments from TSC for @ $2600,
and it does all I need it to do!!!!