Dealer support,positive outcome

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
When I took delivery on my RSD 54" the hour meter registered 63.3 hours,obviously it was a new mower but I wanted it clear that my meter was in error not to decrease the warranty.I notified Excel who emailed me stating the dealer should replace the meter.Since I got this mower from Home Depot I really had no dealer.Luckily I found a gentleman who indeed did warranty work for Hustler,he essentially called the company and they authorized a new meter and his installation time.He gave me some maintenance tips and essentially gave the mower the once over.He made it clear he wanted to be my link with the company,and would be willing to deliver any parts to me when I needed them,he quoted the prices he charged and they were actually reasonable!FWIW..He did tell me most all the filters are very tight,particularly the hydro filters.He recommended getting a torque wrench for the blades which are apparently difficult to remove unless your using a long handle socket wrench. I'm a happy camper at this point and proud to be a Hustler dude.(pun intended!):cool:

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
Hopefully the tide has turned and we are all getting good service from our mowers/dealers,always good to hear positive outcome stories in this age of declining customer service.

buzzzmeister

Threads
Sounds like someone left the key on for a couple of days. I'm assuming an electric Hobbs meter.