The History of Jacobsen Mowers

uptown

Threads
the estate 26" was made 1960 to 1973

rjaaaaaa

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently acquired a very unusual engine. I posted some photos on smokstak forum and they came through with the info that this engine was an early Jacobsen twin cylinder / 2 cycle engine. I can not find any photos or info on such an engine. Anyone who might have more info and some photos of this engine and what it powered would be greatly appreciated. One person had a blurry picture of a brochure showing a similar engine mounted on a reel mower. His info said it wasn't produced many years ?? This engine turns over and has good compression, I haven't tried to get it started yet but will very soon.
Thanks
Ron

Attachments

• copyg8.JPG
    copyg8.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 12
  • copyg9.JPG
    copyg9.JPG
    244.6 KB · Views: 14
  • g1 - Copy.JPG
    g1 - Copy.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 12
  • g2 - Copy.JPG
    g2 - Copy.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 12

uptown

Threads
I know of two twin mowers complete the twin mower was a reel mower made from 1931 to 1941 almost impossible to find parts good luck getting it going if you need any specs let me know I prob have some in fo I can prob dig some up

uptown

Threads
ohh I forgot if ya want to sell it let me know also hahahahaha good luck and let us know!!!! GREAT FIND!!!!

uptown

Threads
and by the way that is a Jacobsen twin reel mower engine made in racine wisconsin

Buckbros

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jacobsen isn't a big brand these days in terms of consumer (homeowner) products. They now specialize in equipment used on golf courses and similar applications.

I found this illustrated time line (PDF) of the company's evolution from 1921 to 2007.

One thing I'm curious about that I couldn't clarify on their website (jacobsen.com): I think they stopped making two-stroke mowers sometime in the mid-1960s. Does anybody have any details about that?
Would you have a copy of the illustrated time line PDF. I cannot open it.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Would you have a copy of the illustrated time line PDF. I cannot open it.
I found it ( I think) but the file is too large for this forum. I'll try to find a work-around. The original link (from 2011!) is dead.