Whats up with ads on posts here?

indypower

Threads
Ads are now on the first post on every tread. They are extremely annoying and some even over lap on the text of the post. I know there is a need for advertising, but get them out of the threads. Any company thet is advertised in the threads, I will NOT do business with them.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also understand the need for ads on a free forum, but it would be nice if they were at the top or somewhere other than in the thread.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Myself...
I am just glad to see the adds showing up...
It tells me that others, (advertisers), are recognizing the value of this Forum...
and with advertising we will be here for a while longer... :smile:KennyV

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
We've removed the ads next to the post for all registered users...

We're still in the testing stage with the ads.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We've removed the ads next to the post for all registered users...

We're still in the testing stage with the ads.

I have found them a tad annoying, but the site here is free, and I understand the need to have SOMEBODY paying for what we users are getting from LMF. Even PAID sites, like the AOL I use, have been irritating the viewers with ads for a long time now. I am not complaining, but it always baffles me why advertising has become so commonplace in modern life. When is the last time you saw an ad or commercial that made you tell yourself "WOW, I just gotta run down to Burger King (or whatever) and try that new value meal THIS VERY MINUTE...advertising to me, is pretty much wasted, most of the time it irritates me so much I usually am determined NOT to have anything to do with the advertiser...go figure....:confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Myself...
I am just glad to see the adds showing up...
It tells me that others, (advertisers), are recognizing the value of this Forum...
and with advertising we will be here for a while longer... :smile:KennyV

So, Kenny....what have the advertisments here convinced you to spend your hard earned money on so far....:smile:

poncho62

Threads
4 words.....Mozilla with Ad Blocker

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have bought my share of advertising over the past several decades.
Most ads are not intended to get you to 'drop what your doing and go out to buy something'...

The ads on this site will be worth running if the people here 'click' on their link... if for nothing else but to find more information about their product.. :smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ads are now on the first post on every tread. They are extremely annoying and some even over lap on the text of the post. I know there is a need for advertising, but get them out of the threads. Any company thet is advertised in the threads, I will NOT do business with them.

I agree that we need ads to pay for the site but something's wrong if they overlap the text.

What browser are you using, indypower?

I use Firefox and haven't noticed any display problems at all.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't mind the ads for equipment and lawn care, etc. but running ads for foods, etc. on this site seem very out of place.