Great price on motor oil (gas engines)

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is a shameless plug for the Menards store chain, hopefully many of you will be able to take advantage of the sale price on Formula Shell motor oil there until April 3rd. $1.68 per quart and available in weights 5W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, and 10W-40, limit of 24 quarts per customer per visit.

Last time I stocked up on the oil in February, I inquired on TBN if anybody had an opinion of the oil, the opinions there were mostly positive. The local Advance Auto stores sell the same oil for almost $4 per quart every day, so the $1.68 price is a bargain. I am going to go grab another 24 or 48 quarts this week to add to the 72 I have already...

Slater

Threads
Great price may need to check it out! And boy does it look like you keep a good stock on hand :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great price may need to check it out! And boy does it look like you keep a good stock on hand :laughing:

Three cars, one Yukon XL, one 34 foot motorhome, two ATV's, more mowers than I care to admit...:laughing: I service them all myself.

Slater

Threads
Three cars, one Yukon XL, one 34 foot motorhome, two ATV's, more mowers than I care to admit...:laughing: I service them all myself.

Most impressive!! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most impressive!! :thumbsup:

Last repair job I did was replace the power converter in the MH late last fall, local dealership wanted over $450 for the job I did myself for a $160 part cost. I have a saying "Saving money is the retired guy's full time job".

Put new brake rotors and pads on all four wheels of my Buick about a year ago, saved over half of what a shop would have charged. $90 an hour for labor and they charge $130 for a rotor you can buy at NAPA for $65 what a ripoff...:thumbdown:

Jetblast

Threads
You are one cheap bast***. Me too. How may I subscribe to your newsletter? :biggrin:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
No Menards in VA - and I didn't see a way to order it online. :thumbdown:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
We don't have Menard's in Georgia but Pep Boy's has sales like that periodically. The prices are so low that I suspect that they use oil as a "loss leader". I bought motor oil among other things on sale there last November at a "Black Friday" sale.

One nice thing about push mowers: they don't use much oil -- or gas for that matter.:wink:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We don't have Menard's in Georgia but Pep Boy's has sales like that periodically. The prices are so low that I suspect that they use oil as a "loss leader". I bought motor oil among other things on sale there last November at a "Black Friday" sale.

One nice thing about push mowers: they don't use much oil -- or gas for that matter.:wink:

ESPECIALLY TWO STROKES, (motor oil anyhow) :laughing:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
ESPECIALLY TWO STROKES, (motor oil anyhow) :laughing:

It's funny but two-stroke oil is one of those things that rarely goes on sale. Not that it's a big deal -- I don't use that much of it because the engines are small and very fuel-efficient.