WTS: 1974 Cub Cadet 129

Mr_Meow

Forum Newbie
Threads
TdPGDvpo

Up for sale is a 1974 Cub Cadet 129 in excellent condition. This tractor has been in my family for over 25 years and sadly it's time for it to move on. I've bought a large plot of land and just need more tractor. It had a new motor installed in the late 90s. It's still the Kohler 12hp K301 and it starts up easy and runs strong. The tractor is very solid and any rust is light and on the surface only.

Here are some details:
1974 Cub Cadet 129 (Serial # 496,394)
- Very little rust always kept inside
- Seat cover replaced ~5 years ago
- Hydrostatic Transmission works great!
- Filter and Fluid replaced last year
New K301 12hp Kohler installed in the late 90痴
- New Point, Condensor, Coil, and Spark Plug last year
- Oil and filter replaced at end of last season
- New battery last year
44 Mower Deck (44A)
- Brand New Oregon 3-IN-1 Gator Blades (90-657)
- New Kevlar deck belt installed last year
- New Idler Pulley Spring last year
- Hydraulic fluid and filter replaced last year
Brand New 23x8.5 Ag rear tires put on two weeks ago
- I put tubes in them to fill them with your choice of fluid and not have to worry about rusting the rims

Negatives:
- Hydrostat does drift towards reverse. It is fixable but I do not possess the tools to do it.
- If you shut off the tractor immediately after running it for more than ~30 minutes it will backfire. If you let it idle for a minute or two it will not.
- The belt from the front PTO to the mower deck works but is showing its age. It may be good for only a season or two more.
- The spring implement lever (used to adjust the deck height) has either broke or stuck in place. The lever will freely move up and down I use the adjustable cam to set my deck height.

The tractor is located near Kent, IN (few miles west of Madison, IN). I have the means to and am willing to deliver for an extra fee (I do enjoy a good road trip!). I have used this tractor every year for the last 25 years. It has actually been the only riding mower I have ever owned. I'm saddened to let it go but at the same time I can't afford to be holding on to it.

Additional pictures can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7ha1bnsxz1cc9jk/AADUiNUD5z_Yc-oKkKsMmq2Ra
When viewing the slide show, if you right-click on the photo and select "View Original" you can see a high-res version of that picture.

Asking price: $700

R7wpskpI

c39cqI7A

nPYEAs4m

Mr_Meow

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a little bump. I'm very flexible on the price, it was just a starting point!