Oil Ratio

danarn17

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just purchased a Craftsman Blower 40:1 oil mix. I have a Stihl Weedeater with a 50:1 oil mix. Any recommendations on which mixture to use or do I need to use the correct ratio?

indypower

Threads
50:1 replaces 40:1 . I ran 50:1 in my old snowmobiles that oringinaly called for 32:1 with no problems. 50:1 smokes less and fouls less.

SeabeeChief

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would run the 40:1 richer mixture. I always add a little more oil than called for just for safety sake. I'll never lose an engine because it didn't have enough oil. If a little smoke bothers you, buy a 4 stroke engine.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd also error on the side of too much oil -- that is the only lube a two stroke gets. That's one reason all my 2 stroke equipment is Stihl -- One oil mixture. :thumbsup:

I would run the 40:1 richer mixture. I always add a little more oil than called for just for safety sake. I'll never lose an engine because it didn't have enough oil. If a little smoke bothers you, buy a 4 stroke engine.

glennsjr

Threads
I use synthetic two stoke oil and use it in everything that I own and have for ten years and never had a problem that's 4 string trimmers a leaf blower,5 chainsaws 1 hedge trimmer and that's a 50 to 1 mix.