Good way to station the Raptor for blade change?

JohnCardin

Threads
So I just got my RSD and I'm going to pick up my mulching kit next weekend. I'm assuming there will be instructions on how to swap blades but I was more curious on how I should position the raptor (I have some automotive ramps) to allow for easy access to the underside of the deck. Will Ramps work? Is there anything I need to be aware of when putting it up on ramps?

I don't want it to flip over or slide off or anything.

Got any advice?

Carheir

Threads
So I just got my RSD and I'm going to pick up my mulching kit next weekend. I'm assuming there will be instructions on how to swap blades but I was more curious on how I should position the raptor (I have some automotive ramps) to allow for easy access to the underside of the deck. Will Ramps work? Is there anything I need to be aware of when putting it up on ramps?

Got any advice?

If you have a harbor freight near by, go and get a mower lift. I got one for my X1i and it works fine for it. On my X1i, the blade bolts have to be torqued to 118 lbs so a torque wrench is needed if you don't have one. I'm sure this applies to the Raptor also. Also tractor supply carries a mower lift so it depends on how much you want to spend. There is a top of the line model " MOJack" but it is quite a bit more expensive than those I mentioned. The lift is also good for getting under the mower to clean out clumped up grass if you have a tendency to mow wet grass.

I don't think car ramps will get it up high enough for you to effectively work on it. Now that is my opinion and it cost absolutely nothing so take it for what its worth.

JohnCardin

Threads
Thank you both. I looked through the manual and it mentioned using Certified Jack stands but there was no procedure for loading them up in either the owners or operating manuals. I don't think it's beyond my skill level to jack it up, I just know better to seek advice first before jumping in. I have automotive jack and 4 stands that I could use and if that's the case I'll have to look on youtube to see what the sequence is.

I'll have to find a harbor freight and look at their mower lifts. I bet shipping would be fun on the larger ones.

Thanks for pointing out the torque wrench. I believe mine goes that high but It normally sits at ~80 ftlbs for lug nuts so I really can't say for sure if it goes that high.

If anyone has any more advice, I'm like a sponge here.

John

Carheir: This one? High Lift Riding Lawn Mower / ATV Lift

Kremeneon

Threads
If you are changing the blades with only a wrench or ratchet a set of car raps is fine.

I used my Ryobi 1/2" impact gun and needed to get the front beam about 20" up in the air to get clearance to driveway for the tool +socket to fit on the bolts.

I'm considering purchase of a MoJack ZR.

Carheir

Threads
Thank you both. I looked through the manual and it mentioned using Certified Jack stands but there was no procedure for loading them up in either the owners or operating manuals. I don't think it's beyond my skill level to jack it up, I just know better to seek advice first before jumping in. I have automotive jack and 4 stands that I could use and if that's the case I'll have to look on youtube to see what the sequence is.

I'll have to find a harbor freight and look at their mower lifts. I bet shipping would be fun on the larger ones.

Thanks for pointing out the torque wrench. I believe mine goes that high but It normally sits at ~80 ftlbs for lug nuts so I really can't say for sure if it goes that high.

If anyone has any more advice, I'm like a sponge here.

John,

Carheir: This one? High Lift Riding Lawn Mower / ATV Lift

Yes, that is the one I bought.

gabowman

Threads
I pick up the front end of my SD with a winch and put jackstands underneath. I'm raising until the small back wheels (wheelie wheels) touch the ground so I'm raising the front end about 3' high.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Got any advice?
I purchased a MoJack EZlift , which is similar to the Harbor Freight model. Both are recommended highly for ZTR's and I'm happy with mine.

edd

Threads
run it up on the tailgate of my trailer.......if i used a mower jack i would put something else under it just for peace of mind