Animal waste

Honey

Threads
How bad for my lawn is animal waste and what can I put on it to counteract the problem. I wish I owned a bee bee gun, I have a cat that thinks my lawn is his litter box. Worse is, it is not even mine!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How bad for my lawn is animal waste and what can I put on it to counteract the problem. I wish I owned a bee bee gun, I have a cat that thinks my lawn is his litter box. Worse is, it is not even mine!

I have four cats and feed several strays and they all use my lawn as a litter box. DON'T YOU GO SHOOTING AT ANY ANIMAL ESPECIALLY CATS !! I have skunks that dig up my yard and do thousands of times more damage than cats do and I don't shoot at them WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?????? Animal waste is FERTILIZER anyway !!!!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
How bad for my lawn is animal waste and what can I put on it to counteract the problem.

Honey ... unless you have elephants on your lawn, you shouldn't have much to worry about...
Small critters are not going to do great harm... It will all 'water in'... :smile:KennyV

Pika

Threads
Whenever you mow the lawn, it will spread the *fertilizer* that the animals are leaving behind for you. I know it can be frustrating, though, especially if you like to walk around on your lawn!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Whenever you mow the lawn, it will spread the *fertilizer* that the animals are leaving behind for you. I know it can be frustrating, though, especially if you like to walk around on your lawn!

When you step in a goodie an animal left you, just practice the step called the 'Barnyard Shuffle"....:laughing:

There are piles of deer poop EVERYWHERE on my yard, maybe I better get a BB gun to run them off as she suggested...:laughing:

Jetblast

Threads

I'd kill a man for kicking my dog. Fortunately I have a good fence which has kept me out of the ol' gray bar hotel.:biggrin: I'm sure you were just kidding around, but the idea of injuring or blinding someone's beloved pet over a few landmines is rather nasty. Unfortunately that is something that bad people actually do, so it hits a little close to home.

Here's what I use to clean up after my dogs.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
They do make pest chasers that are either sound or a garden sprinkler - motion sensor activated. Not harmful, but effective.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd kill a man for kicking my dog. Fortunately I have a good fence which has kept me out of the ol' gray bar hotel.:biggrin: I'm sure you were just kidding around, but the idea of injuring or blinding someone's beloved pet over a few landmines is rather nasty. Unfortunately that is something that bad people actually do, so it hits a little close to home.

Here's what I use to clean up after my dogs.

I'd kill somebody for harming a whisker on THIS face....

Attachments

• FUJIFILMPICS 311 057.jpg
    FUJIFILMPICS 311 057.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 20

Smartaleck

Threads
I don't worry about the cats in my garden. I find cats very tidy actually and they usually bury their "business" so that you don't even know it's there.

pollyannasmum

Threads
The people who live around our little settlement of retirement homes are very well behaved and pick up their dog dirt as they walk their animals. I have yet to see a dog that isn't on a leash. I used to live in a village in Scotland where cows were allowed to wander everywhere as it was all common grazing land. Now that's what you call fertilizer!