Animal waste

Jetblast

Threads
That is a bit of a twist. I wouldn't put up with any living creature that threatens and fights my pets, but I wouldn't want to kill or maim it if I could get the job done otherwise. It's a shame that you have no relief given the property taxes we all pay. Where I live the property taxes are very high, but animal control does a good job of collecting pets-gone-bad due to irresponsible human behavior and gives them a chance at adoption. A slim chance, but a chance nonetheless. When they lag in their role, I get on the horn and burn their asses. I have no kids in school so I want something for my $400 per month. Failing that...

You might consider an Airsoft pistol. It'll provide the results you need, but not maim as long as you don't target the face.

Amazon.com: UTG Airsoft UHC 1911 Pistol: Sports & Outdoors

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Dawwwwww! Nice kitty.

These are my mobile lawn fertilization units.

4952589983_6955161ecf_m.jpg

Beautiful dogs...I am envious THEY know how to share...beautiful picture....:thumbsup:

Jetblast

Threads
Beautiful dogs...I am envious THEY know how to share...beautiful picture....:thumbsup:

Thank you. I got 'em used through an Australian Shepherd rescue organization. Somebody paid big money for them but failed to appreciate what they had.

Honey

Threads
I called animal control, they make me very angry, do you know what they asked me? "Do I feed them" Yes, but not by choice, they break into my porch and eat and fight with mine till they get something to eat, even the dog's food. They told me since I "feed" them, they are now my problem!

Thanks for nothing!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I called animal control, they make me very angry, do you know what they asked me? "Do I feed them" Yes, but not by choice, they break into my porch and eat and fight with mine till they get something to eat, even the dog's food. They told me since I "feed" them, they are now my problem!

Thanks for nothing!

Reminds me of this, something that happened about 20 years ago, I had moved to the country and put up my first bird feeder, the pigeons got into the feeder and hogged it all down before the other birds could get any. Was griping to my then-girlfriend about that, know what she told me?

"If you are putting out the bird seed, you can't tell the pigeons NOT to have any, can you...?"

Although I understand your situation, by putting out food, even if the feral cats "break into" :confused2::confused2: your porch, you can't tell them not to have any, can you?

I would get a hose and be ready, or if too cold for a hose, a garden sprayer full of soap and water, maybe that would discourage the varmints. A garden sprayer pumped up can shoot a pretty long stream of soapy water, aim for their eyes.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you. I got 'em used through an Australian Shepherd rescue organization. Somebody paid big money for them but failed to appreciate what they had.

"Got 'em used" the man says....have never seen that expression as applied to rescued pets...unique term, and bless you for your kindness in giving those pooches a new home....:thumbsup:

Jetblast

Threads
I installed a nice bird feeder with LED lights in my front garden and the pigeons and squirrels took it over. I solved the problem by renaming it "my pigeon and squirrel feeder".

It's hard to blame an animal for cashing in on accessible food, so you might have to figure out a way to feed your own cats without leaving food on the porch unattended. They're just trying to survive and they know where the food is.